Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Anyone any thoughts on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    A bloke I worked with at the Medical Research Council in the early 1980s used to take his SMLE No.4 in a case on his Honda 250 to the ranges at Otmoor. I think he might have taken out a noisy, crapping seagull that built a nest on his chimney with it as well. A rural type of fellow.

Still, those were the days that the USAF were storing 200-odd Tomahawk cruise missiles at Greenham, each with a 250-kiloton nuclear warhead. The locals were informed that the massive stockpile of death was an 'Insurance Policy' in a nice friendly leaflet. We had a sense of proportion in those days.
    Proportion, yes... tempered by 70,000 mothers who could all do with a good wash, joining hands from Greenham to Aldermaston (for God's sake, how embarrassing!), and spouting idioms like "YOU CAN'T HUG YOUR CHILDREN WITH NUCLEAR ARMS!!".

Is that an idiom?

Still, I didn't give a toss. I was busy grooving to 'Dead or Alive' with my massive permed hair, Johnson's boots, and a diamante badge on my shirt, trying to pull birds.

Anyhoo, where have you been for months, Al?

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Proportion, yes... tempered by 70,000 mothers who could all do with a good wash, joining hands from Greenham to Aldermaston (for God's sake, how embarrassing!), and spouting idioms like "YOU CAN'T HUG YOUR CHILDREN WITH NUCLEAR ARMS!!".

Is that an idiom?

Still, I didn't give a toss. I was busy grooving to 'Dead or Alive' with my massive permed hair, Johnson's boots, and a diamante badge on my shirt, trying to pull birds.

Anyhoo, where have you been for months, Al?
    Johnson's boots were very cool, and rather expensive as I remember. It is weird but the massively popular and ludicrous early 80s Tukka boot has almost no web presence. It is like someone just wrote them out of history, you would have to buy an antique copy of i-D magazine (the photocopied, stapled together type) to even get a picture of one.

I have gone feral. I bought a PCP.

I bought a PCP.
    Noooooooooo! Repent, sinner! **makes cross sign with forefingers**

Welcome back and all that, Alistair, but I mean, a PCP, really?!
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

The pet shop at the top of our road used to sell pellets, darts, gat guns and sheath knifes !
    "helplessly they stare at his tracks......."

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Noooooooooo! Repent, sinner! **makes cross sign with forefingers**

Welcome back and all that, Alistair, but I mean, a PCP, really?!
    Iss gotta handle made of PLASTIK!

Quote Originally Posted by bcham View Post
    i remember, buying my first webley premier 22,air pistol from a second hand shop down the road, in the 70s, i was only15 but managed to scrape the £5 together.most second hand shops sold air guns in them days. shame they dont anymore.
    My late elder bro bought his banana barrel Mk1 pistol for £3? from a s/hand shop in Bournemouth in the '70's, also a mint boxed Original Model 6 for serious money, think £12 or so.
    My local 2/hand shop, in Shepton Mallet, known locally as 'Dodgy Joe's', always had a range of battered air rifles in, & a somewhat relaxed attitude to age regulations. My first rifle, a '50's Diana 27 w' ali trigger came from there, for the princely sum of £5.

Bru
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

at one time

any outfit could sell BBs and slugs.Now they are counted as "ammo" and can only be sold on the domestic market-according to .By the way,anyone burnt by their ruinous postal charges?

I have gone feral. I bought a PCP.
    Ah, well, there are some classic PCPs out there, with a touch of brass etc...

Iss gotta handle made of PLASTIK!
    Oh, butter my arse!