Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have a new sport

I have a new sport

http://s1067.photobucket.com/user/wh...tml?sort=3&o=0

Not much I can tell you so far other than the build quality is high, the trigger is very good and it handles like a dream. It's only 6ftlbs at the moment so it feels awful to shoot.

I'll update as and when I can.

Please do!

Where did you get it from?

Quote Originally Posted by trick cyclist View Post
    Please do!

Where did you get it from?
    And how much?
    Purbeck Field Target Club.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBuzz View Post

Not much I can tell you so far other than the build quality is high, the trigger is very good and it handles like a dream. It's only 6ftlbs at the moment so it feels awful to shoot.

Do you still have your competition 'Sport(s) Richard? The one I'm thinking of was the one in the SAR article by Jim Tyler.

Quote Originally Posted by derekj View Post
    Do you still have your competition 'Sport(s) Richard? The one I'm thinking of was the one in the SAR article by Jim Tyler.
    That's very well remembered Derek, yes, it's still my first choice to this day.

I bought the new model on-the-line from a random German dealer, cost about £430 plus post at the time, exchange rate was v good. Postage was expensive and it took around 4 weeks to turn up as Germany closes for business at that time.

Ha, yes it was a good article and was a run where Jim would invite those brave enough to his farm I seem to recall that your uncle Dave didn't take up the challenge though The new Sport is an acquired taste and got to say its growing on me now. Look forward to see what you have to say about the rifle Richard. Could this turn into the all new 2015 Mastersport

Thats the first I've seen over here,I'm tempted myself but was hoping they would be a bit cheaper.

Nice one, Richard.

As above, it's the first I've heard of anyone taking delivery over here.

Will eagerly await your updates and findings.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBuzz View Post

Hey Rusty whats the Buzz on this rifle ?
    Hw77+7

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Curious.. was really looking forwards to this new gun , but then the reviews seemed less than favourable, I figured I'd stick with my 124/7s - I have a whole family of them Half the price too....
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Thumbs up

Just going by it's looks i'd say it looked chinese maybe it performs better than it looks stay dry and warm mr budd from a wet and windy hollow
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

How's the new Sport going, Richard? We need news!

Matt

Just thinking Richard.. is the breach area the same, i.e. will an 124/7 barrel & block swap straight it ?

Goodbye silly "ears" if so....
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    Just thinking Richard.. is the breach area the same, i.e. will an 124/7 barrel & block swap straight it ?

Goodbye silly "ears" if so....
    But surely Shirley, the ears would be a easy thing to mill down, or trim to a more elegant and less obtrusive shape? People used to saw the foresight off of HW77 Mk 1s like it was necessary hygenic surgery...

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    But surely Shirley, the ears would be a easy thing to mill down, or trim to a more elegant and less obtrusive shape? People used to saw the foresight off of HW77 Mk 1s like it was necessary hygenic surgery...
    for sure, I suggested that on the other 'sport thread