Thread: wasp .22 pellets

wasp .22 pellets

Does anyone know if the blue tin wasp pellets in .22 have got any better since eley stopped making them, I know they were useless when they were remade by another company, just don't want to spend good money on them if they are still the same, I have a few eley wasp and a few bsa pylarm left for my old bsa airsporter mk2 but getting a bit low now.

Still as carp as ever.

The only quality 5.6mm option seems to be Defiant Vintage (now obsolete but still available from Pax, Protek, maybe others).

Some on here find Marksmans surprisingly good.

And thin-skirt 5.5mms like Hobbys can do OK.

Pellets

Hi,
    Try Milboro twin ring.
    They have a big head and shoot really well in my mates Tracker,SE90 and Webley mk3.
    They can be bought for as little as £5 a tin.

Gaz

I have a big head and think I shoot well too.
    The two may be related.
    But TRs do suit a lot of my old rifles and pistols.

Milbro Caledonian Ultras are worth a try too and are very similar in appearance to the old Wasps, nothing like standard Caledonians. Some rifles might shoot them better with the lubricant washed off with some solvent.

5.6mm blue tin Wasps

That's typical - only recently found out about them, started using them in my early Webley's & BSA's, & now I'm told they're carp. I must say I've had to sort out a few malformed or damaged ones, but generally they seem to suit my early guns quite well. Better than the RWS/H&N I prefer to use in my modern stuff.
    Then again, I just use the old stuff for plinking.
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

Select are also a very nice pellet, quite similar to wasps but miles better. I also have found smk spitfires a nice looking pellet but can't say I have had time to test properly on paper but can hit spinners with a. 22 bsa xl standing everytime at 23 yards.

I suppose as anything, it all depends on what you want them for?

All the best
    Daniel