Thread: Tumbling media

Tumbling media

Where is the cheapest place to buy walnut media/ stainless pins (what size stainless do you use).

my generic walnut comes from an e-bay supplier (search for walnut media) and I have also had lyman
    media from fleabay sources too.
    --
    S. Bluck.
    Vroom-Rattle-Bang-creak (Motorbikes, old landrovers, Shooting, and I'm getting OLD....)

Quote Originally Posted by jitsupjc View Post
    Where is the cheapest place to buy walnut media/ stainless pins (what size stainless do you use).
    Be careful buying cheap SS media. I did this quite a while ago and still find the odd rusty cluster every now and then. I know it is expensive, but I would get mine from Mark (Spud1967) as at least you know it will be the same size and actually SS not some workshop floor sweepings.

Ditto www.spud1967.com

He's a shooter not just a shop owner

Mark
    My karma ran over your dogma

I buy my walnut media from a pet supply store online ( used for reptiles it's high grade and clean)
    Been using it for years and works well every time. The initial quantity is high although much cheaper and we split it at the gun club.

Do what I do......
    Put media in pillow case and tie securely with a double knot and bung in washer.
    I dry it at work in spray booth but have done in past in tumble dryer....just make sure the knot is secure lol