Thread: Scatt electronic training system

Scatt electronic training system

Hi

I'm interested in the Scatt electronic training system.

Does anyone have one and would they recommend it ?

I shoot FT and I'm hoping it would give me some insight into my technique, trigger, timing ect..

Cheers
    Simon

Does anyone have one and would they recommend it ?
    Yes, it could do all of the things that you list. However I should also point out that there probably are more SCATTs gathering dust in cupboards than in regular use. It is a capable but complex piece of kit and you really need a coach who is familiar with it to help you get value from it. Otherwise you face an almost vertical learning curve whilst trying to decipher a screen full of multi-coloured spaghetti and some pretty but meaningless graphs.

SCATT is not a quick fix machine, it is primarily a device for evaluating trends and changes over the medium to long term. It is great for goal setting as it provides a plethora of statistics against which you can measure progress. It does allow you to get in a great deal more training and provides an objective assessment of your results (note: not score). But, like anything else, you have to put the hours in to get the results out. My personal view is that the greatest benefit is achieved when SCATT is combined with live fire on an Electronic Scored Target (EST).

As I said at the start, find a coach who is familiar with it and can put you through a session. Have a debrief and discussion and then decide. I know one very experienced A/X Class rifle shooter who did this and came to the conclusion that SCATT would be of marginal value to him. It's a great piece of kit but requires a lot of understanding and effort to get value from it.

Rutty

Thanks

Thanks Rutty

Rutty is spot in in what he's saying. Scatt is great, i use one regularly for both 10m Air Pistol and for 1st shot training for Rapid Fire. I am fortunate in having a coaching team behind me who are experienced and knowledgeable in the ways of Scatt! Scatts can be adjusted to show you a variety of different information, and graphs can be created to show averages for shot times, movement before, during and after shot release etc etc. It is important to remember that a Scatt is complex IT, and to benefit from it you must know your way around it (or have a coach who does) if you have training partners, or are a member of a club then consider buying one as a collective.
    Scatts come up on here, Stirton and other forums, and you can probably expect to pay somewhere around the £500 mark for a 'Scatt USB'. Alternatively I believe that Diverse Trading (Paul Cutts) is the licensed importer for Scatt products in the uk so give him a call for a price on a new one.

-Nick-
    Fierynick

+Keep Calm and Shoot Tens+

Thanks

Thanks guys

Challanges

Hey guys!

Our team is currently developing a new electronic target shooting training system and our main goal is to create a system which will facilitate the training process even without the coach.

I would love to hear more what are the current challanges with SCATT system? What is unclear about SCATT data? What kind of analysis and statistics would you like to see from your trainings?

Best,

Valērijs
    TRACE Development team