Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Combro and CO2 pistols

Quote Originally Posted by Robet View Post
    Didn't think I'd be the only one with a dodgy adapter.

I'm keeping an eye on the adapter screw as well, particularly as I had to replace it out of my spares box.

However, now it's working I don't seem to have the same kind of problems with the gun itself. I've only had it a few weeks but the slide seems fairly OK, only slightly sloppy & my groups are OK at 10m.

My silencer is about 6" but is very light as it's made of plastic stuff, Delrin I think.

I'm getting about 10 mags per CO2, I'm using Umarex cartridges.

There is a bit of wear on the hammer but I'm still getting good power I think, see post above.

Oh & my gun is 2nd hand & it's a glossy one from 1998 as far as I can tell. Unfortunately sounds like you might have a duff one.

Rgds, Rob
    This one is matt black . I am going to get it sorted even if I have to machine a new gun.

A.G

Well, during the last few nights I did a lot of work on the CP88 and today I took it to the range. Shooting from a seated position and 10 Yards it managed a 1.5" grouping but most of the shots were landing within a 3/4" cluster to upper left. I have noticed that the way that I release the heavy trigger has a lot to do with accuracy. The first few shots were quite loud but the gun settled to a steady noise from the barrel and I managed to go through 8 Mags before packing up. I even managed to hit a metal squirrel at 20 Yards twice and the pellet had enough energy to make the target move quite noticeably ( the squirrel is welded on to a large automotive suspension spring ). A lot better than before but a lot of work to be done yet.

Kind Regards,

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    Well, during the last few nights I did a lot of work on the CP88 and today I took it to the range. Shooting from a seated position and 10 Yards it managed a 1.5" grouping but most of the shots were landing within a 3/4" cluster to upper left. I have noticed that the way that I release the heavy trigger has a lot to do with accuracy. The first few shots were quite loud but the gun settled to a steady noise from the barrel and I managed to go through 8 Mags before packing up. I even managed to hit a metal squirrel at 20 Yards twice and the pellet had enough energy to make the target move quite noticeably ( the squirrel is welded on to a large automotive suspension spring ). A lot better than before but a lot of work to be done yet.

Kind Regards,

A.G

Hi, Sounds like you've made quite an improvement already.
    I definitely agree that the trigger release is quite difficult to get consistent. I have to be very careful when switching from the CP88 to my HW75 to concentrate on how little pressure I need.

Now wondering what you've done & is the leak cured?
    Rgds, Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Robet View Post
    Hi, Sounds like you've made quite an improvement already.
    I definitely agree that the trigger release is quite difficult to get consistent. I have to be very careful when switching from the CP88 to my HW75 to concentrate on how little pressure I need.

Now wondering what you've done & is the leak cured?
    Rgds, Rob
    Thanks Rob. I sort of closed the guide tabs of the top slide. This makes the barrel a little more stable and predictable. There is still some CO2 leaking but not much. The first few shots are quite heavy on wastage and then the gun settles. At least I can do some plinking with this thing now.

Regards,

A.G