Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BSA Airsporter?

Quote Originally Posted by Airsporterman View Post
    The triggers are okay and very easy to sort! You just need to de-burr the sear faces and a mere 'hint' of polishing (indeed I don't know if polishing is the correct word as almost none is needed and a little is too much!) and a 'touch' of moly grease applied. None of all to be overdone or a 'hair' trigger results along with the dreaded NDs.
    They are adjustable for weight/pull also, some more than others. I like the Airsporter/Mercury triggers!

As has been said - they are a 'Legend' in the UK due to their production run and following and some like me, have known them most of their long lives.
    Not the best rifle in the world nor ever could be, but good for their time as has been stated and for me, (and clearly others like me) never a more attractive rifle (overall) ever produced/sold at a 'sensible' price.
    Okay, I'm biassed but that what makes me an Airsporter nut - there's no known cure!

ASM
    'No known cure' is dead right but it's easily kept under control. A fresh purchase every few months keeps the shakes away.
    Mel.

Quote Originally Posted by silva View Post
    I think the beauty of the the Airsporters is their lovely fast handling and balance. For hunting I think they are best as open sighted hedgerow stalkers, up to about 15 or 20 yards or so. The German guns of the era, have much better triggers, more advanced design and are easier to shoot accurately, but at the price of handling and weight.
    This^

Open sights, keep the range within the farmyard, and the Airsporters are fine rifles. Put a scope on them and they fail.
    FWB, being a break barrel its fast to load and fun to shoot. The open sights aren't great but with a 4x40 scope they rule the farmyard. Stretch then to 35m and they start to struggle over the heavyweight HW's. Not very forgiving as they are so light weight, but can be mastered.

Both are rubbish if you rest them on anything. Both are fantastic shooting standing unsupported and fast too. Both are lovely to carry about on a hunt.
    Just keep the range short.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    This^

Open sights, keep the range within the farmyard, and the Airsporters are fine rifles. Put a scope on them and they fail.
    FWB, being a break barrel its fast to load and fun to shoot. The open sights aren't great but with a 4x40 scope they rule the farmyard. Stretch then to 35m and they start to struggle over the heavyweight HW's. Not very forgiving as they are so light weight, but can be mastered.

Both are rubbish if you rest them on anything. Both are fantastic shooting standing unsupported and fast too. Both are lovely to carry about on a hunt.
    Just keep the range short.
    Good post