Thread: Webley mk111 serial no .22cal

Webley mk111 serial no .22cal

Hi i have a Webley Mk111 serial no 26009 stamped below the under lever and on the stock.Could anyone help me date it

thanks Craig

It seems as though your mk3 with that ser no was made sometime between 1957 and 1959.

Thrale's book is not conclusive but if your stock has the fluted/ribbed fore end the it's a very late Series 3 so no later than 1957 and very likely 1956.
    If it's a smooth fore end more bulbous stock with grooved fore sight to take the cover and graduated scale on the rear sight
    then likely early 1957 Series 4

So you have Mkll and Mklll then. Hooked like many of us!!

More info if needed.

Thanks gents, Deejayuu it has the ribbed forend graduated rear sight and grooved front site . I am hooked also have 9 Beezas model d and standards as well as the Webley Premier
    cheers Craig

[QUOTE= I am hooked [/QUOTE]

Just what I like to hear. Makes me feel I'm not the only one!

John

Mklll

Very interesting info., to me, Craig 'cos Thrale's book 2010 states that the highest number seen for a Series 3 to date
    was 24297. and lowest Series 4 28072
    Does yours have a detachable end cap to the trigger block? It's redundant by then 'cos the double pull trigger had been
    replaced by simpler single pull. The later one piece block was serrated to simulate the detachable cap.

You may well have a "transition" rifle which has the Series 4 alterations but using up earlier
    pattern stocks of stocks

The book is not conclusive as said previously and irritatingly, for the author, contains the odd printer's error too.
    Excellent book and lovely read though.

Deejayuu The trigger end cap appears to be simulated and just grooved.There are two screws on the trigger block one on the top and the other on the right hand side.These are situated further back than the trigger pivot screw. What is there purpose ?
    Last edited by craig durant; 16-10-2015 at 05:30 PM.

OK Craig I'd put a shilling on it being very early Series 4 using up surplus stock before switching to the later version.
    The screws are trigger pull adjuster and lock. Will send detail now. J