As you may have surmised from my user name I am from New Zealand (and pretty happy right now thanks to the rugby)

I have owned and used fire arms all my life. carrying and using them daily during my farming days
I am also a collector owning most variations of the Lee Enfield and Winchester .22 rifles

But that was then and now I live in town I thought I would like to own my first air pistol so as to keep my eye in and a new interest

First up I have purchased a Webley pre-war slant "Senior" through an auction that is held twice a year here in NZ
I sort of broke the rule "Buy the book before the rifle" but with the internet I thought I knew a fair bit, though maybe not local values as I was the under bidder on a boxed Premier and Mk1 in .22
Lesson learnt!
I have also ordered "Webley Air Pistols" by Gordon Bruce which will arrive pretty smartly

Why Webley, well I like the look and history of them, which I think is the best reasons to collect anything

So just waiting for the pistol to arrive and reading as much as I can about these fascinating pistols