Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bsa supersport adjustable transfer port

Bsa supersport adjustable transfer port

Morning all
    Not to sure if the is the best place for this question,finally managed to get a supersport in .25 😀,however comparing it to my other ones (.177 &.22) it has the maxigrip scope rail and what I can determine is an adjustable transfer port /Venturi screw at the end of the cylinder (determined after some surfing the net)
    What does the collective knowledge of the AGBBS community know about these ?
    Also the bores on these are rather tight 😁 So what are the pellet reccomendations and any reccomended resizers ?
    Regards
    James

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    The BSA Supersport is quite a basic rifle and to my knowledge certainly never had the luxury of an adjustable transfer port

Happy to be proved wrong however...

bsa supersport

I've seen this on a supersport, usually locktighted in place & not a metric key size. the bsa .25 barels like milbro rhino's & bsa pylarm(but milbro's just gone out of buisness so better stock up before they reach the price of old wasps) . German pellets are too tight in the bore without re-sizing & too heavy for sub 12ft/lbs anyway.If you really need a sizer I'd recommend the TR Robb one as it sizes the skirts larger than the head giving a better fit.
    Last edited by junglie; 23-10-2015 at 12:11 PM.

Thanks chaps will get one of the TR Robb ones to try out,also noted about the pellets .
    Has any one any idea why they went his way as I would have thought more expensive to add & was it for the EU market ( easier to set up for differing destinations).
    Was it specific to supersport or were the lightings also supplied with this 'feature'

Regards
    James

bsa supersport

Quote Originally Posted by JB101 View Post
    Thanks chaps will get one of the TR Robb ones to try out,also noted about the pellets .
    Has any one any idea why they went his way as I would have thought more expensive to add & was it for the EU market ( easier to set up for differing destinations).
    Was it specific to supersport or were the lightings also supplied with this 'feature'

Regards
    James
    I;ve seen it on lightnings too. In places like spain lightnings & supersports can be up to 16ft/lbs .Terry only makes the .20 & .25 sizers to order from about £25 but I'd get some rhino's or pylarm .25 cal first & try them as they don't need sizing(although do improve accauracy when sized correctly) I found the rhino's best & best vfm too in tins of 350 for about £7
    Last edited by junglie; 23-10-2015 at 12:12 PM.

I use a sizer made by (U.K Neil) a fellow member and a very nice chap..
    I resize Hn ftt .25 for my BSA lightning and get improved groups and better fps with my gun.Well recommended.
    Regards
    Les..

I don't know for sure but I reckon a pellet sizer that's just a tad bigger than .243 may be the way to go if you wanted to make one.
    Just a thought though as I believe that's the actual cal of the BSA barrels.
    Rust never sleeps !

bsa barrels sizer

Thats why i recommended the TR robb one it as adjustable & you can set it to the bsa bore size easily. It also makes the skirts slightly larger than the heads, which no other sizer does that i'm aware of. Just sold mine as I no longer have the bsa I bought it for.

Morning all
    Not to sure if the is the best place for this question,finally managed to get a supersport in .25 😀,however comparing it to my other ones (.177 &.22) it has the maxigrip scope rail and what I can determine is an adjustable transfer port /Venturi screw at the end of the cylinder (determined after some surfing the net)

James
    Hi James

There was a small article about this in one of the magazines at the time of the .25" Supersport launch.

Without the restrictor in the transfer port the gun gave about 20 ftlbs with the standard UK spring, so BSA fitted a Scorpion pistol spring and tried it again but the gun was still giving too much power for the UK market at about 15 ftlbs.

So BSA simply fitted the transfer port restrictor so the standard UK spec spring could be used, if I manage to find the article I'll post it for you.

All the best Mick

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Oh well, did say happy to be proved wrong and as the saying goes "everydays a school day..."

Thanks all for your input , I've ordered a sizer from t r Robb & will have to experiment for best results , likewise with the transfer port .
    I now have the supersport in all 3 flavours and think they are a very underrated air gun .

ATB
    James

Quote Originally Posted by junglie View Post
    milbro's just gone out of buisness so better stock up.
    Milbro's gone bust?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob M View Post
    Milbro's gone bust?
    yup,down the pan.

CLOGGER is offline Ex proud Yorkshireman, Now soft southern shandy drinker
    Morning all
    Also the bores on these are rather tight 😁 So what are the pellet reccomendations and any reccomended resizers ?
    Regards
    James
    One of my two Supersports is in .25 calibre and has the adjustable transfer port with the grub screw above and at 90degrees to it. The scope rail is of the standard dovetails type machined into the cylinder top.
    When first crono'd it was giving 9.5ft.lbs with the heavy Bisley Pest Control pellets donated by the local gunshop I purchased it from. After a strip, lube job and delrin guide/tophat upgrade, it returned mid-teens ft.lbs power with BSA Pylarm ammo!!! It took quite a bit of spring juggling and chopping to get the necessary sub 12 power requirement.
    I find the Pylarms and Marksman pellets quite favourable and accurate in the tight barrel, and being lighter than the the continental made full 6.35mm calibre ammo, give a flatter trajectory (the high 20's grain Pest Control being more like lobbing mortar bombs!). I don't like the Rhino's as I find them inconsistent in weight, shape and completeness to the degree of being dog rough at times.
    It's now a hugely satisfying consistent and very hard hitting shorter range rifle
    Atb, Clogger

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Hi James

There was a small article about this in one of the magazines at the time of the .25" Supersport launch.

Without the restrictor in the transfer port the gun gave about 20 ftlbs with the standard UK spring, so BSA fitted a Scorpion pistol spring and tried it again but the gun was still giving too much power for the UK market at about 15 ftlbs.

So BSA simply fitted the transfer port restrictor so the standard UK spec spring could be used, if I manage to find the article I'll post it for you.

All the best Mick
    I think i remember the article in a magazine, but I thought it was for the .25 superstar they produced.

the following month I think there was a short letter from someone who had lent one to a gamekeeper who had a good bag of pigeons with one.
    Liam Webster