Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bsa supersport adjustable transfer port

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Hi James

There was a small article about this in one of the magazines at the time of the .25" Supersport launch.

Without the restrictor in the transfer port the gun gave about 20 ftlbs with the standard UK spring, so BSA fitted a Scorpion pistol spring and tried it again but the gun was still giving too much power for the UK market at about 15 ftlbs.

So BSA simply fitted the transfer port restrictor so the standard UK spec spring could be used, if I manage to find the article I'll post it for you.

All the best Mick
    Did anyone find else find this article, would be very appreciated and as I'm trying to compile info about the Supersport at the moment. Or if anyone has any specs of the transfer port.
    Thank you
    Last edited by Andy001; 27-08-2016 at 12:59 PM.

Hi Andy
    I've not seen the article ,hopefully someone will post it up / link it.i still have to fettle the .25 super sport & sort out a pellet combination.
    At the moment I've just cleaned and re-lubed a 177 superstar &just shooting it in (so far quite promising accuracy wise)
    Regards
    James

Quote Originally Posted by JB101 View Post
    Hi Andy
    I've not seen the article ,hopefully someone will post it up / link it.i still have to fettle the .25 super sport & sort out a pellet combination.
    At the moment I've just cleaned and re-lubed a 177 superstar &just shooting it in (so far quite promising accuracy wise)
    Regards
    James
    Hi James
    Sounds like a couple of nice projects to keep you busy. I've not owned a superstar, I always fancied a gold star but they seem to be rare.
    There's a thread about various .25 pellets, might be worth checking out if you haven't bought any pellets.
    Regards
    Andy

I had a supersport in the early 80's. I've just returned to air rifle shooting & now have a hw100kt, but i would like a springer as well. Are the modern s/sports any good or should i look for an older one or get a lightning ?

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by robthedog View Post
    I had a supersport in the early 80's. I've just returned to air rifle shooting & now have a hw100kt, but i would like a springer as well. Are the modern s/sports any good or should i look for an older one or get a lightning ?

Rob
    I would look for an older Supersport made in the UK.

I bought a new Supersport, made by Gamo, and it kept taking a chunk out of the breech seal when I closed it. I took it back to the shop and he tried several different types of washers and and it still did it.
    In the end he gave me my money back.

It might have just been a duff rifle but I would check it out before buying a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by enfield2band View Post
    I would look for an older Supersport made in the UK.

I bought a new Supersport, made by Gamo, and it kept taking a chunk out of the breech seal when I closed it. I took it back to the shop and he tried several different types of washers and and it still did it.
    In the end he gave me my money back.

It might have just been a duff rifle but I would check it out before buying a new one.
    Thank you. When did they stop manufacture in the UK ?

Rob

From looking at some the ones I have (the later ones?) have the barrel hinge as a nut & bolt arrangement whereas the earlier ones(?) have just a pin which can wear and walk out so I would always suggest the one with the nut would be the one to go for as it can always be tightened.
    Also not to sure if all the later ones were all maxi gripped (scope rail),I found out on the superstar that the rail has to be refitted to stop the piston rotating ( there is a slot in the top of the piston which the maxi grip keys into).
    And there are some that have the adjustable Venturi,BTW only one of mine has this (all Brum made ones)

James

From looking at some the ones I have (the later ones?) have the barrel hinge as a nut & bolt arrangement whereas the earlier ones(?) have just a pin which can wear and walk out so I would always suggest the one with the nut would be the one to go for as it can always be tightened.
    Also not to sure if all the later ones were all maxi gripped (scope rail),I found out on the superstar that the rail has to be refitted to stop the piston rotating ( there is a slot in the top of the piston which the maxi grip keys into).
    And there are some that have the adjustable Venturi,BTW only one of mine has this (all Brum made ones)

James
    Thanks,

Rob

James
    Look at the custom Supersport, earlier ones! Have the bolt and nut arrangement, they were sold as a higher spec Supersport. They came with a few other features. There's only been one or two for sale on the forum over the last few years....so they are rare!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob M View Post
    Milbro's gone bust?
    What with their whizzy PCP rifle and magic barrels?

Who'd have thunk it
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.