Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt Peacemaker

Colt Peacemaker

What are people making of these?

I'm thinking of selling of 3 or 4 of my air pistols and although I want to save the money as its likely I will be buying a 12g soon I really like the sound of these. Does anyone have one? How does it perform?
    Enfield .303, Howa .223, CZ452 .22lr, Ruger 10-22 .22lr, Marlin .22lr, BSA Ultra SE .177 & Air Arms S410 .22 (sub 12ft.lbs)

I had all three finishes, kept the blued and nickel and they are very nice with smooth cocking action.
    As for accuracy one of, if not the most accurate bb guns I've shot, beats the Dan wesson's I've had and my baikal Makarov hands down.

Quite nice, not a great replica but good enough. Mine developed a wobbly barrel early on, I tightened one of the pins and it sorted it temporarily but it has come back however I am thinking I need to push the pin all the way home to lock the problem down. Like many guns of this type, do not expect to find firearm quality internals, I feel they are slightly over priced for what they are.

That said, excellent fun to shoot and handle, quite accurate and capable of firing pellets with the supplied shells (though they are smoothbore). One advantage over other revolvers is that the shells load from the rear so you can reload without removing shells (though it is fun to have a bench full of spent brass). They will accept Dan Wesson and Webley shells and mine shoots the most accurately and consistently with DW pellet shells, I've not tested velocity but the difference in pellet placement might affect it.

For me in terms of quality and performance they are on par with my Dan Wessons (My opinion, I know others will think differently) but I enjoy my Webley MKVI more. I look forward to seeing what the Dan Wesson 715 is like.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

Quote Originally Posted by danfick View Post
    What are people making of these?

I'm thinking of selling of 3 or 4 of my air pistols and although I want to save the money as its likely I will be buying a 12g soon I really like the sound of these. Does anyone have one? How does it perform?
    In short I highly recommend one, I'll message you my mini review later on tonight..
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I got one!

I've been dithering for a while about getting one, but a nickel finish one, as new in its box came up locally and I got it for a good price! It's been in my grubby paws for an hour or so and I love it. I've not fired it yet, but that's a different matter, its a great thing to hold. I may go for the Webley now.......
    Last edited by tinbum; 01-11-2015 at 02:43 PM.
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    a nickel finish one
    The Milkybars are on Tinbum.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
    The Milkybars are on Tinbum.

Hell yeah! 7 hours in and I'm practicing my pistol twirling!

Thumbs up

I got one!

I've been dithering for a while about getting one, but a nickel finish one, as new in its box came up locally and I got it for £100! It's been in my grubby paws for an hour or so and I love it. I've not fired it yet, but that's a different matter, its a great thing to hold. I may go for the Webley now.......
    You'll be saddling one of them there shetlands at micks ....yeehaw
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

Hell yeah! 7 hours in and I'm practicing my pistol twirling!
    We need a picture of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    We need a picture of this.
    Pistol twirling in the house has been banned indefinitely!

Pistol twirling in the house has been banned indefinitely!
    Haha I was similarly banned from cutting and/or grinding at the kitchen table, during last night's shutdown. And I was only using a Dremel

Haha I was similarly banned from cutting and/or grinding at the kitchen table, during last night's shutdown. And I was only using a Dremel
    My Dremel was employed by Mrs Bum last night to carve her pumpkin!! (Fnarr! Fnarr!)

Back to topic - Do you get a sheriff's badge included with the Lone Star? Oops, I mean 'Peacemaker'?

Back to topic - Do you get a sheriff's badge included with the Lone Star? Oops, I mean 'Peacemaker'?
    Unfortunately not, but I do already have one, albeit a bit rusty.

And still on topic, this is a lovely pistol to own. I still haven't fired it, but I just can't put it down! You get four nice and clunky clicks cocking the hammer, it would be nice if the spring was stronger, but I'm not sure what damage that would do to the cheap components it undoubtably has?
    I had wanted the blued one, but the white writing stands out like a Bulldogs bollocks. From that point of view the nickel finish is better.

You can have a go at the weekend, within weeks you too will be a chap-wearing, baccy-chewing, horse-riding Walt!

The writing on my black one is gold not white.

Ive seen pictures that show all types of writing on these revolvers which may not be on the ones we get.
    I have not seen one with the full blown warnings on the barrel yet,thankfully.

Oddly the Antique has the stand out white writing.