Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Colt Peacemaker

There are no warnings on the barrels of any of mine.
    On the Marshal there is just the number on the frame instead of a serial number.

I haven't seen barrel warnings except in photos.
    Maybe a USA thing?

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    There are no warnings on the barrels of any of mine.
    On the Marshal there is just the number on the frame instead of a serial number.

I haven't seen barrel warnings except in photos.
    Maybe a USA thing?
    Yes, just the S/N on the RHS of my Antique version. Guess those high viz warnings may be aimed at the US market. I think a safety on a single action only was a step too far.

I dont use it.

Apparently all guns are always loaded.
    Thats from several real steel users!

I try and remember that.

Me neither....but it's presence ticks a box for Umerex. I also put a spot of black marker on the red spot of the safety....yes it bugged me that much!

Chap here claims he gets better accuracy using pellets.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvCFMK_b5YQ

Quote Originally Posted by Wedwivwage View Post
    Chap here claims he gets better accuracy using pellets.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvCFMK_b5YQ
    This has been covered a lot, your not going to get better accuracy using pellets in the SAA, I have tried but will not use pellets for a few reasons, 1 because pushing pellets in the rubber seal in the back of the cartridge will damage the seal over time, the skirt will damage the seal, 2 the 4.5mm inner barrel is tight for pellets they do come out the barrel but they are spat out a pellet is designed to spin in a rifled barrel which helps give the best accuracy and trajectory, so spitting a pellet out of a tight smooth bore barrel is only going to lower the power not improve accuracy, I like Mac jo si, nice guy speak to him a lot, and even he will tell you he is not a great shot, the groupings he gets with pellets is less then most of us get with BB's,, I have posted a writen review on this site you should be Able to find it but also done a video watch my review mate.
    ATB Marc
    Last edited by Marc.RG1; 07-12-2015 at 05:07 PM.
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

I agree Marc.

I think safety is a legal requirement in USA?

I use Dan Wesson Pellet shells in mine, tightest group it shot was all 6 on a 40mm spinner at 10 metres. Generally it's not that tight.

This is of course when the barrel isn't wobbling all over the place.

I only use bb's with the included shells for the same reasons as others, the seals are very soft.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    I dont use it.

Apparently all guns are always loaded.
    Thats from several real steel users!

I try and remember that.
    Very true. And accidents always happen with 'unloaded' guns!

John

For those that are interested, Sportsman Gun Centres are selling all models of Peacemakers less 5% this weekend. £106.38.
    I thought that was a good deal.

http://www.sportsmanguncentre.co.uk/...-finish-177-bb

Picked mine up today from Sportsman in Newport £111.99 and managed to get one spare pack of shells £14.99 for 6 , now I am looking for some lead BB that will shoot reasonably well out of these shells and another three packs of shells as I had the last ones from Sportsman and thought they were expensive anyway .
    I am also after a Western rig in reasonable quality tanned leather with shell loops , it doesn't need to be hand made but not rubbish , anyone bought from Sutlers ?
    Shells were last pack they had in stock and no 5% off today at least !
    Last edited by hawkeye; 12-12-2015 at 08:59 PM.
    a gun is just a tool how its used is dependant on the person behind the trigger .
    This is why constant restrictions on legal users will have no effect on the unlawfull use of guns or knives !

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye View Post
    Picked mine up today from Sportsman in Newport £111.99 and managed to get one spare pack of shells £14.99 for 6 , now I am looking for some lead BB that will shoot reasonably well out of these shells and another three packs of shells as I had the last ones from Sportsman and thought they were expensive anyway .
    I am also after a Western rig in reasonable quality tanned leather with shell loops , it doesn't need to be hand made but not rubbish , anyone bought from Sutlers ?
    Get your rig from here http://www.pistol-leather.co.uk you won't regret it, fantastic quality.
    Sometimes I sits and thinks, but mostly I just sits.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye View Post
    If you want Goodland accurate lead BB's for your Saa use H&N copper coated lead BB's they are true 4.4mm BB's unlike game lead balls which are 4.5+mm many of us get much better power and accuracy and consistency use H&N copper coated lead BB's you can get them on e Bay or solware..
    ATB Marc
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

I found the umarex steel ones you recommended Marc to be a great fit they are .17-.20 mm bigger than the Remington ones I first tried. Remington ones fell through the bullet cases due to being undersized.

£6.49 from forum sponsor js ramsbottom off the bay

Quote Originally Posted by Dickster View Post
    I found the umarex steel ones you recommended Marc to be a great fit they are .17-.20 mm bigger than the Remington ones I first tried. Remington ones fell through the bullet cases due to being undersized.