Thread: Hello from the Wirral

Hello from the Wirral

Hi there, been around the forum browsing for a while having taking up clays a few years ago but i want a change so thought it was about time to say hello.

I like the looks of the hft scene so will have to start researching.

Any advice is most welcome.

thanks

tom

WOW. Three years from joining to first post. That has got to be some sort of record.

have you looked into joining grange?

Registered when I was getting into guns and went for clays. Now turned to air guns for a new challenge and because it's cheaper.

I've been to fort in north wales which looks a good setup. Thought Grange was for poshies but may take a second look. Just looking for a friendly environment

Tom

Holywell, North Wales (twinned with Trumpville)
    Hi Tom and welcome. if you fancy an introduction to air rifle shooting, would be happy to meet you at North Wales shooting school one day midweek. You would be welcome to borrow a rifle if you dont have one yet. Les.
    Is there such a thing as owning too many guns?

yep, thats a bit long. i registered when i was getting into shooting and ended up doing clays.

will have a look at grange and maybe get myself down to nwss. Have been to fort in north wales and that looks like a good setup.

just picked up a aa s510 yesterday but have to wait to next week to get a dive bottle

Hello Tom, welcome to the forum, ATVB - Gary
    Rapid 7 / 10-22 ATN 2 Stiller Predator .204 Pulsar N970 Tikka T3 semi custom ATN MARS thermal.204 Tikka T3 Semi.223 Wylde IOR Operator Lawton 6mmBR Kahles Gen 3 - Stiller 6.5 x 47 Bushnell BDX - Winchester Red Performance SX3 12g

Quote Originally Posted by learningcurve View Post
    Hi Tom and welcome. if you fancy an introduction to air rifle shooting, would be happy to meet you at North Wales shooting school one day midweek. You would be welcome to borrow a rifle if you dont have one yet. Les.
    cheers ronnie but will only be able to get down at weekends so if your about then we can do a date.

got an aa s510 and just going through motions of pellet testing and getting used to rifle

tom

I can recommend Fort air gun club. Good bunch there.

Good luck

Richie

Hi Tom and welcome to the forum. I'm down at NWSS most Saturday afternoons with my lad and you're welcome to a fill of your S510 if you say hello!
    ATB
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Richie5169 View Post
    I can recommend Fort air gun club. Good bunch there.

Good luck

Richie
    I called in last year to have a look and the guys i met where most friendly and their set up is brilliant. so will probably be my hot hunt

Quote Originally Posted by Tom77 View Post
    I called in last year to have a look and the guys i met where most friendly and their set up is brilliant. so will probably be my hot hunt
    Let us know when your heading over. Club dates are on the fort website.

Cheers

Richie

Quote Originally Posted by Friar Tuck View Post
    Hi Tom and welcome to the forum. I'm down at NWSS most Saturday afternoons with my lad and you're welcome to a fill of your S510 if you say hello!
    ATB
    Ian
    Cheers Ian. Will hopefully get down this Saturday . got a 3l bottle now. Just need to get it filled this week.

Tom

As already mentioned, Fort Air Gun club wouldn't be too far for you. I'm not a member but a mate of mine is and they have a good UKAHFT section.
    http://www.fortairgunclub.com/

atb
    Bri