Thread: Advise needed on buying my first 10m PCP Pistol

Advise needed on buying my first 10m PCP Pistol

He need advise on what to look out for for my first 10m pistol. I have a budget around 400-600. i have put a wanted add up the adds section. I have space for my own 10m range and hoping to get the girlfriend involved too. Any info much appreciated, also let me know if you have something suitable for sale too. Cheers, Nick
    Beretta AL391 Teknys Stonecoat 28", CZ 452 Style .22lr, Grand Power K22, Rem 700 .308 in GRS Stock, Marlin .357, Tikka T3 Varmint .223, Miroku MK38

You should be able to get a used Steyr LP2 for the top end of your budget. A very nice pistol, I actually prefer mine to the more expensive LP10,

Another very good option would be a used Morini 162, again a great pistol normally available between £500 - £600,

Either of the above are quality match pistols and far more accurate than most of us can shoot, if your looking to share with your girlfriend tha LP2 may be the better option as lighter, you can always add the barrel weight to increase if needed.

A good used pistol will be a better option than a cheaper new one within your budget, ie Air Arms Alpha Pro, looks the part but the trigger is no where near a Steyr, Fwb or Morini and a decent trigger is essential. The Tau is available new, it's co2 powered and has a very nice trigger at around £470, probably the best option new within your price but you may find yourself upgrading eventually whereas the LP2 or 162 will see you good for a long time if not indefinately.

Another option would be a used Walther LP300 (if you can find one), very nice pistol, not too heavy, we have one as a club pistol and it shoots great.
    Last edited by nige346; 24-10-2015 at 05:41 PM.
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more