Thread: Pistols & red dots

Question Pistols & red dots

Hi everyone,
    Is it possible to fix any of the various red dot types to a HW75 & achieve a lower 1/3 (1 third) co witness?
    I can't find any reference to this on the site, so am I hoping for the impossible.
    HW75

m

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    WTF is a "co witness"?
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Quote Originally Posted by harry mac View Post
    WTF is a "co witness"?
    It means you can sight with the iron sights through the optic. Popular with tactical/military types on rifles to give them an option if the batteries/electrics in their red dots fail.

I'd imagine you'd need to do some serious milling of the upper receiver to get a small pistol-specific dot sight like a Docter low enough to do that on an HW75. I think there was a guy on here recently selling an HW45 with something like that set up.

Me, I can't really see the point on an air pistol. But I'm allergic to optics on pistols anyway.

Thanks guys, I've answered my own question. It can't be done on most pistols unless they have a height adjustable rear sight (beyond the normal micro elevation), and maybe a raised front sight.
    Nice thought though!
    HW75

m