Thread: Chrono Testing

Chrono Testing

As I have never done this before (I need to buy one yet) can someone tell me the ins & outs of what I need to do/know? Should I use a heavey pellet or a light one to do the test? what is a a good & reasonably priced chrono ? I read that thread last night about the lad who had his rifle crushed because it was 12.09ft Ibs by the police (seemed very unfair to me) & it was only 6 weeks old £600 gun gone just like that. Want to get mine checked out to make sure I don't lose any of them. What is a good power level eg. 10.5 11.5 or lower as I have also heard that warm weather can put up the power as well. Any advice will be welcome.
    I Keep Hitting The Escape Button But I Am Still Here.

First step can be to contact a local airgun club, most have Chrono's and a wealth of good advice regarding power levels etc. You will very likely be able to use a club unit, and be able to obtain a choice of pellets at a reasonable charge, or no charge.

If you would be happier with your own, the Combro Chrono is ideal for personal use. It's small, easy to use and inexpensive at about £40.
    You will also benefit from their legendary after sales service.
    Do a search on here for "Combro", its been done recently.
    It's available direct from Here or most of the retailers.

Richard
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.

Combro cb-625 at about £40 is a good little chrono and ideal for home testing of rifles.
    You should check with the pellet you normally use and also the heaviest you can get hold of, usually Bisley Magnums (bismags).
    You need to check you are under with the heavy pellets.
    It's worth a check with light pellets also.
    For your springers you would have to check with a light pellet anyway.
    If your running about 11.3 to 11.5 with your normal pellets you should be O.K. but better checking.
    Hope this helps a bit.
    ATB
    Ray.

Thanks for the replies, Raygun when you say a light pellet for the springers would the Promethius ones be the lightest to try as I have some of these.
    I Keep Hitting The Escape Button But I Am Still Here.

clubshot Guest

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by seekay
    As I have never done this before (I need to buy one yet) can someone tell me the ins & outs of what I need to do/know? Should I use a heavey pellet or a light one to do the test? what is a a good & reasonably priced chrono ? I read that thread last night about the lad who had his rifle crushed because it was 12.09ft Ibs by the police (seemed very unfair to me) & it was only 6 weeks old £600 gun gone just like that. Want to get mine checked out to make sure I don't lose any of them. What is a good power level eg. 10.5 11.5 or lower as I have also heard that warm weather can put up the power as well. Any advice will be welcome.

Pop over to Lea Valley Air Gun Club - Hertford
    On a Club Day Saturday

www.lvagc.com

We have several Chrono's and knowledgeable Members

Plus a Great place to Shoot

BOB/R