Thread: Which Junior 10M Rifle

Which Junior 10M Rifle

I've been on the look out for a junior 10M rifle for my daughter and I think it's safe to say they don't come about 2nd hand very often. I don't mind spending out well over a grand for a new one but I want to be sure I'm making the most of that money.

I had originally been looking at the FWB 800 Junior. Mainly because I already have a couple of FWBs and there's the advantage of many of my spare accessories may come in useful to her.

My dilemma is that online I've seen the Anschutz 8001 Junior. Its about £200 cheaper and the stock looks more appealing. Their rear sight also looks a bit better than the FWB but the foresight is the smaller m18 with the metal element. I don't have any M18 iris's or elements so would have to source this extra. It's also slightly heavier.

The usual wise action would be to take a look at both and see what my daughter would feel most comfortable with. Sadly I don't know anyone with either and Its a very long drive away from the very few places that are likely to have something in stock. So I'm just putting this out there on a few discussion boards to see if any one has any personal experience with either of these two rifles.
    S&W M&P 1522 - Anschutz 1416 - Anschutz 1761 - Beretta Silver Pidgeon III - Yildiz SPE-ME 12G - ATA SP Black 12G - FWB800 - FX DRS - HW110K - HW100 - Steyr Pro-X - Steyr LG1 - Walther LGM-2

You have a PM

Junior Rifle

You have another PM