Thread: 177 Original Mod 23 info please

177 Original Mod 23 info please

Hello all.
    I have just found this in my cupboard, its what i grew up using in the garden when i was a lad!

All i can see is its got original mod 23 on the top. Im trying to save for a pcp and wondered if this is worth anything to sell? It's missing front sight but ive found where to get them from for £10.

Cheers
    Si

Hi there, the rear sight on this model is very close to that fitted on the early Mark 1 Meteor, and is interchangeable I believe, and is quite rare, the sight is worth more than the gun! Check it out before making a sale, hope this helps, Dave.
    BSA First batch, Breakdown, Cadet major, Meteors, Mercurys, Airsporters, Supersport, Superstar, Lightning XL, HW80, Logun S16 mk1, Webley Junior rifle, Relum Tornado, Webley mk1 pistol, ASI Centre pistol, Crosman Medalist 1322.

It may be an optical illusion, but it looks like the barrel is bent upwards. Did a childhood mate of yours pull the trigger with the barrel open?

Nice little guns that aren't worth much. If barrel not bent, and with a front sight, in average used condition, about fify quid.

Ah man Yeah ive just had a look and your right the whole front is elevated slightly.
    The barrel isn't bent its just elevated. Ive fired it in the garden and it fired fine.

Is it not worth selling now?
    Last edited by desolation91; 23-11-2015 at 09:02 PM.

Barrel won't be bent - the barrel alignment on these guns depends on the thickness of the breech seal - the 35s also had shims behind the seal to adjust this

£50 a bit generous TBH, especially without front sight... not interested, but I'd say that £30-£35 more like it! It's a child's gun and it's not in collectible condition (nor is it particularly uncommon or sought after). Probably someone wanting a gun for his boy (or girl?) is your only market.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS