Thread: Hello! I return to Airguns after 40 years

Hello! I return to Airguns after 40 years

Hi All

I am located in Cwmbran, near Newport South Wales. and 60 years young. Hobbies are Carpentry, my old Harley, Photography and Caravan touring Etc. (I'm a confirmed and committed Hobbyist).

With a bit more time on my hands recently (and some money from selling off ex-hobby gear), I tried out a few rifles and finally invested the Walther Rotex RM8 .177 WOW! Things have really moved on a bit while I have been away, Only used springers before. Same with Scopes! I love the PCP's and luckily I still have my old HP diving compressor and several bottles to do my own fills (I used to own a commercial diving business).
    Now I have to find somewhere to shoot other than my garden. I have set up a 40m range in the garden for practice but really need a club/shooting venue also somewhere legal to hunt so any recommendations would be welcomed.

I liked the Walther RM8 .177 so much, I have also invested in the RM8 .22 for hunting. Unfortunately the .22 was showing underpowered (Chrono) so has gone back today, but I should have it back beginning of next week. The .177 was showing 11.84 to 11.87 @ 180 bar using H&N Sport Field Target Trophy. The .22 was struggling to reach 10.4 using the same make of pellet and even worse on Accu Pell.

Local Airgun Venues/Ranges

So far I have Quarry hunters and Treetops, any others near Newport, Cwmbran or Pontypool?

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Hi Gorit, welcome to The Forum. sounds like your hobbies will fit in very well around here ! Can I point you in the direction of the 'General Airgun' section re your request for club information etc. In fact your opening post will attract views,opinions and knowledgeable feedback form others on here I reckon. It's just that many more people view that section than this introductory one.

Again - Welcome

Paul
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Thumbs up Thanks for the welcome

Thanks for the welcome Paul.I was beginning to think there was nobody out there!
    I will try a few posts in the General Airgun' section.

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Good man, you'll get much more movement there
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22