Thread: Ruger OA Help on current value

Ruger OA Help on current value

Hi All,
    Could anyone give me a view on the current value of a Stainless Ruger OA with pachmayr grips, .44 cal so older type?
    Toying with the idea of selling My Ruger but values seem to be all over the place.
    If I decide to sell I'll stick it in the firearms for sale section but thought you lot may be able to help. I'm already looking for excuses to keep it!
    Thanks

Have a look at the Gun Trader site. Theres several on there ranging from £375 to £650 plus one guy
    hoping to get £950 for a 51/4" model. I payed 375 for my 51/4" nickel in perfect nick and 650 for my
    stainless target model which was bought as un fired.
    To be honest unless you need the money to fund something else or just don't want it anymore id be
    tempted to hang onto it. We all go through stages where we don't use some of our toys but iv sold so
    many guns only to regret it and the Ruger is in my humble opinion as good as it gets.
    Keep it, shoot it, enjoy it. Only my opinion though. Tim

Old Armies are like JM Marlins, only going up and up and up.

Hang on if you can. I have two and still want more....
    The Black-Powder Revival gathers steam..

I know ..the more I look at it the faster the heart beats!

I know a chap who got one of the last run, mint, not even cocked, never fired. It looks....ahh....

He refuses to sell. Calls it part of the pension ;-)
    The Black-Powder Revival gathers steam..

Quote Originally Posted by CapnBall View Post
    I know a chap who got one of the last run, mint, not even cocked, never fired. It looks....ahh....

In this country, the only way to make a small fortune with your guns is by starting off with a large fortune.

As for having ANY Section 1 firearm in this country, with all the hassle we all have to go through to get an FAC, is just plain stupid. I've been trying, with great lack of success, to wear the rifling out of MY ROA since 1986, and anybody with an ounce of sense would be advised to do the same.

tac

Quote Originally Posted by CapnBall View Post

A friend did that. Had many mint examples of Steyr Hahn, Bergman, Bordchart, Luger, basically any semi auto pistol produced or used pre WW1. His "pension" wiped out by the stroke of a legislators pen.

They made over three million Ruger Old Armies in all variations. Ruger stopped making only because they weren't selling any. Not that they fell out of favour, it's just that they don't wear out and if looked after, will outlast several owners. There are enough to satisfy those that want one. 900 quid for a 5.5" model? The blokes a nob....