Thread: Nomads results 01.11.2015

Nomads results 01.11.2015

A great day at Nomads today. The fog was enough to cause the trouble in the absence of wind. Range-finding was a nightmare with everything blurred. Nice to see a lot of new names coming along too, I assure you the views are stunning when the fog ain’t there. Top shot today was Mick Boswell with a very rare score as high as that.

A big thank you to the course setters/builders. For info the unsupported stander under the container had the most misses followed by that one at the top on the brow of the hill. The history said there was wind but you would never have thought it. Great target placement Ian & Perry.

Results on count-back. (cards still damp)

58. Mick Boswell
    56. Tony Male
    55. Ken Pothecary
    55. Ash Bailey
    55. Darrin Lynn
    54. Rob Lamerton
    54. Dan McMahon
    53. Tom Morgans
    53. Stuart James
    52. Perry Broad (R)
    52. Ian Sheppard
    50. Chris Pritchard
    48. Matt Pritchard
    48. Lewis Collins
    46. Tim Shipp
    46. Ian Hunter
    44. John Holder
    43. Matt Lee
    42. Jonathan Gadd (R)
    42. Jon Oakley
    42. Marc Trumper (R)
    DNS. Jason Bressington

Great course today Jim and great to see so many newcomers having a go. That fog mad range-finding very difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by milek View Post
    Great course today Jim and great to see so many newcomers having a go. That fog mad range-finding very difficult.
    You're not kidding about the fog and range finding, Mick. Darrin has just posted a photo I took from the zeroing range (maybe 50 yards from the supported stander) on the club Faceache page.

What a lovely image, Jim.

I couldn't be there myself, but can guess that it captured the spirit and ambience of the shoot precisely.

Hope you're keeping well and not over-doing things.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    What a lovely image, Jim.

I couldn't be there myself, but can guess that it captured the spirit and ambience of the shoot precisely.

Hope you're keeping well and not over-doing things.
    Thank you, Tony.

Luckily, I don't have to over-do things at Nomads. We've got some really good lads here (of less advanced years) who take care of the more strenuous stuff while I potter around.