Thread: New member from Bognor Regis.

New member from Bognor Regis.

Hello all.

My name is Charlie. I'm from Bognor Regis and back in the summer wanted to take up air gunning after many years of being dormant.

I took my old BSA Meteor to my local range (www.fordranges.co.uk) and it soon became apparent that my old springer just would not cut it. I used a club gun instead and it's the 1st time I'd ever seen a pcp yet alone used one. Soon hooked on the pcp, I am picking up a S400 classic (.177) from Ford at the end of this month. I've only been bench resting so far but would like to have a go at HFT as soon as I learn to freehold the gun without wobbling all over the place.

I chose to join this forum as it seems to be a very friendly place where I can hopefully learn a lot more about air rifle shooting.

ATB

Charlie.

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Welcome to The Forum Charlie. Great Forum here to learn a lot and teach a lot. I Have very fond memories of Bognor as a kid PCP's are great but don't give up on the springers as they've come a long way too (just my opinion mate). Great people here so get posting !! Enjoy the S400 Classic when it arrives. And....... We all wobble, it's knowing when to squeeze the trigger

Paul
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Thanks for the welcome Paul.

I am still very found of springers and was also looking at getting one next year. The Hw97/98's float my boat as well as some others. I will hopefully be getting something along those lines next year. At the moment I'm shelling out for the new S400 and all the necessary trimmings.

Take care & Happy shooting

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Yep ! The trimmings add up but well worth it. Can't go wrong wth a 97/98 in my opinion. Keep watching the threads and join in the General Airgun Section to get the most out of the Forum. Great Peeps here !!
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Hi Charlie, I think we may have met briefly at Ford. We would be delighted to add another HFT'er to the roll. A 400 is a fine choice. We shoot a club league on 2nd Sunday of the month, which would be the ideal way to start.

This week it is the Southern Hunters and Ford is hosting, if you want to see what it is all about pop along.

Regards

Richard
    http://www.ford-hft.org.uk
    You come into this world with nothing, go out in debt and you've made a profit

Hi Richard.

I intend to go to Ford this coming Sunday as I have a rare weekend off from work. I'd love to take part in the club league but I do work a hell of a lot of weekends unfortunately (over 30+ weekends a year). This aside I would still like to have the odd round or two with yourself and the other HFT chaps at Ford. No doubt that you will soon be calling me Gregg the Baker, as I will be providing all the doughnuts.

Looking forward to meeting up with the Ford members & others this weekend.

Regards.

Charlie.