Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Southern Hunters Round 1 - Ford Ranges 8th November

Southern Hunters Round 1 - Ford Ranges 8th November

The gates will be opening at 8am with signing in between 8:45 and 10am
    Safety brief will be at 10:15 and shooting starting at 10:30am

We have ten rounds this season with your best six scores counting to the final positions, each round will have trophies to be won (Open 1st to 3rd, plus 1st in Recoil, 0.22, Ladies and Junior). Air Arms have once again provided us with a goody bag to be won at each round and a rather fine TX200 for the raffle at the 10th round at Bisley. Badges will be available as will a bonus bunny cash prize drawn from the score cards at the end of each competition.

To reflect the per head fee many clubs pay their land owner we are having to raise the signing in fees this year to £8 for adults but dropping juniors to £4

The courses will all be to current UKAHFT specifications and the aim is to have fun (safely!)

Richard and team will update the thread with details parking instructions and catering information!

Address is:
    Ford Air Rifle Ranges,
    Burndell Rd,
    Yapton,
    (nearest Postcode) BN18 0HR.
    Last edited by Charles44; 03-11-2015 at 08:46 AM. Reason: ask Nigel!
    OAKS - SIHFT Winners 2011, [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"] 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2015, 2023

Thanks Charles,

There will be a fine burger wagon operating so all your catering needs will be met.

Please do not arrive before the range opens at 8:00am, there really is plenty of time before the safety briefing at 10:15

Normal high standards of parking will be required, points being awarded for not parking at right angles to the rest of the competitors thereby taking up all the space, or indeed at any other angle than that you would achieve by coming through the gate and turning 90 degrees. It really is quite simple, but my hopes have been dashed so many times before

We are delighted to be able to kick the series off and look forward to seeing you

Richard
    http://www.ford-hft.org.uk
    You come into this world with nothing, go out in debt and you've made a profit

Can't wait for this series to begin - and it'll be good to pay Ford a visit again 😀

Mog is offline Mog has so much potential but does not apply himself fully.
    St Hilaire du Harcouët, Lower Normandy/East Sussex
    Ah, Southern Hunters at Ford, for some reason that rekindles fond memories.
    Truttemer Tir Club

Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité

Quote Originally Posted by Charles44 View Post
    The gates will be opening at 8am with singing in between 8:45 and 10am
    Looking forward to this Charles, I do enjoy a good sing song, what will we be singing? Christmas Carols? Mind you my singing like my shooting Cr@p on a good day!

ATB
    No Hope
    Last edited by NSRH; 03-11-2015 at 07:42 AM.

Shame I can't come along , a lot of us cut our teeth on courses such as Ford and the Southern Hunters .

Have a good shoot

Dave
    ]Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway. ~ Elbert Hubbard[

QUOTE: Looking forward to this Charles, I do enjoy a good sing song, what will we be singing? Christmas Carols? Mind you my singing like my shooting Cr@p on a good day!

ATB
    No Hope

I can just imagine a Southern Hunter choir!!!!!!!!

Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamGenie View Post
    QUOTE: Looking forward to this Charles, I do enjoy a good sing song, what will we be singing? Christmas Carols? Mind you my singing like my shooting Cr@p on a good day!

ATB
    No Hope

I can just imagine a Southern Hunter choir!!!!!!!!

Jean.
    I will pass this to Terry to arrange!
    OAKS - SIHFT Winners 2011, [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"] 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2015, 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Mog View Post
    Ah, Southern Hunters at Ford, for some reason that rekindles fond memories.
    Hence the handle! XX
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

Been out of shooting for so long, really miss it!

Thanks to everybody that wished Cath, my wife well it was a boost for her!

Now we are 'mending' i shall be doing a bit of shooting hopefully, not as full on as before but shooting nonetheless!

Thanks Mike xx
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

The course is set, we are quite proud of this one, if you had to shoot it in the conditions we set it in, there would have been carnage. Thanks to Lol, Glen, Justin and Steb for braving the weather

Weather for tomorrow looks a lot kinder, so jolly well pop along to fabulous Ford for a simply sooper day of bashing those naughty tin chickens.

Hope to see you tomorrow

Beardy

Well that was fun!

And thankyou to you too Richard.

After that I think the course setters should get a 5 point head start
    ..."My son," said the Norman Baron...."The Saxon is not like us Normans. His manners are not so polite. But he never means anything serious till he talks about justice and right"...

Muahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    Save time, see it my way

http://www.ford-hft.co.uk/

Weather tomorrow better than today....... pretty much dry but still gusting to 30mph

Quote Originally Posted by Charles44 View Post
    Weather tomorrow better than today....... pretty much dry but still gusting to 30mph
    Yeeehah! My scores are pretty much always crap these days so I will be less upset than some

Get out yer mat and pray to the west
    I'll get out mine and pray for myself