Thread: Walther LGM-1 10m Classic SSP

Walther LGM-1 10m Classic SSP

Walther LGM-1 10m SSP Classic Match Air Rifle

LGM-1 - (1991 to 1992)

Very short production run and hence not too common. One significant change from the LG-90 \ LGR design was to the loading breech design which finally replaced the LGR-type flip-up breech to a modern sliding version.

Serial Nr: 12566

Standard R/H Walnut Match stock with fully adjustable butt pad and cheek piece.

Rifle has just been serviced and had replacement exhaust valve seal and piston head. The anodized aluminum breach and pump assembly tube are in great condition as is the bluing to the barrel and barrel shroud. The walnut stock has a few marks on the bottom section from general use. Standard factory fitted Walther front and rear diopter sights. Shooting at 575fps with RWS 8.2grn match pellets

£535 posted in UK

I will take this please Mark.

Payment made as agreed.
    Last edited by zooma; 22-10-2015 at 01:41 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

No Archive Information on Walther's Site Anymore.

This is a lovely rifle that shoots very well and I am very pleased with it but it came with no handbook.

This should not be a problem as they are all available online on Walther's own very helpful site - until this week!

Walther have updated their site and all of the valuable resource information for their previous models has disappeared so it is no longer possible to download another handbook or a set of exploded drawings that are so helpful for getting part numbers or to see how everything fits together.

I am hoping Walther have just not had enough time yet to include this important archive information as they are working on their new site and still recognize just how helpful it is to their loyal customers who are still able to see archive information on most of their rival manufacturers sites.

Meanwhile....if anyone has a copy of the Walther LGR-1 handbook or exploded diagrams they would be prepared to part with or scan please let me know.

Why was the LGM-1 replaced by the LGM-2 so quickly?

Thanks to Mark and Russ I have now been able to print the exploded diagrams for the LGM-1 and the LGM-1 stock (a different set of drawings) so I have all the information I need.

As a matter of interest - does anyone know why the LGM-1 was so short lived and so quickly replaced by the LGM-2 ?

My guess is that it was either too slow or expensive to make so they modified it to make it easier or less expensive to put together (as a happy owner of an LGM-1 that would be the preferred reason)

...or it had some bad faults that needed correcting quickly - not the best news I could have but it would be good to know what the weak areas are so I could keep an eye on them.

Bob

My take on this is that the LGM-1 was re engineered to make it cheaper to produce in certain areas.Namely the use of a laminate or beech stock on the LGM-2. The elimination of the cocking indicator, rubber cocking handle and the use of a round compression cylinder that did not live in the fancy shaped body of the LG90 and LGM-1 models.

The internals are almost identical and the key areas of valves,linkage and loading \ cocking are exactly the same.There are no inherent weakness's in the LGM-1 design.

When you examine a LG90 - LGM-1 and a LGM-2 side by side you can see the design changes that were made and the only one I see as an improvement is the loading mechanism from flip up to a modern probe design.

LGM-1 rocks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Bob

My take on this is that the LGM-1 was re engineered to make it cheaper to produce in certain areas.Namely the use of a laminate or beech stock on the LGM-2. The elimination of the cocking indicator, rubber cocking handle and the use of a round compression cylinder that did not live in the fancy shaped body of the LG90 and LGM-1 models.

The internals are almost identical and the key areas of valves,linkage and loading \ cocking are exactly the same.There are no inherent weakness's in the LGM-1 design.

When you examine a LG90 - LGM-1 and a LGM-2 side by side you can see the design changes that were made and the only one I see as an improvement is the loading mechanism from flip up to a modern probe design.

LGM-1 rocks
    Thanks for the (reassuring) information Mark - I was obviously hoping the move was in that direction and I am absolutely delighted with the LGM-1 - it is a well engineered bit of kit