Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Perspex front sight elements.

Perspex front sight elements.

Almost 2 years ago in November 2013 I bought two sets of perspex front sight elements to fit my HW55T air rifles from somebody here on the BBS called Neil.

He made a great job of them and they were also very good value for money too.

Now I would like to order some more of these perspex elements from him to fit a different rifle but I only have one of his previous emails to me where he asked me to confirmed my delivery address. I used this information ( a couple of times) to try to contact him again but have had no answer.

It could be that he has changed his email address so if anyone can let me know if he is OK and let me know how to contact him again I would be very grateful and pleased to spend some more money with him
    Last edited by zooma; 18-11-2015 at 06:24 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Was it UK Neil who used to make these?

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Was it UK Neil who used to make these?
    Hi Bob, he can indeed make them.
    There's also Bond Gun Accessories, it might even be Neil who makes these for BGA as the sizers look like his work too? HTH

xbow is offline "Right a bit, left a bit............"
    Not sure how old you are but I read some older shooters like the Triangular front sight elements made in Germany. Might be worth a try?
    We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals.
    Rudeness is the weak mans imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer.

If I don’t reply to your comments it’s probably because you’re on my Ignore list.

Quote Originally Posted by xbow View Post
    Not sure how old you are but I read some older shooters like the Triangular front sight elements made in Germany. Might be worth a try?
    I will answer this before IJ jumps in.

Being in my late sixties some (IJ) would probably say I am ancient - but I still like using the Perspex front sight elements in my other rifles but would now like another set to fit my "new to me" Walther LGM-1.

Fortunately I now have a good contact and should be able to get some made.

These "new triangular front sight elements" from Germany you mention sound interesting although to be fair I am happy with regular metal sight elements or Perspex sight elements so another option would probably only confuse me ( remember the age thing )

However I will take a look at them too so I can see what they are all about. Are they also made of Perspex but with a triangular shape cut in them instead of the tapered circular hole?

'Perspex front sight'

I would have thought a white stick and, from the noises you were making the other night shooting 10m rifle, a truss.

HTH (as usual)
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Yes still Perspex but with a triangular hole in them. I think you can also get square ones as well? Have a look at Gehmann.

If I don’t reply to your comments it’s probably because you’re on my Ignore list.

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    'Perspex front sight'

I would have thought a white stick and, from the noises you were making the other night shooting 10m rifle, a truss.

HTH (as usual)
    Ian
    I am surprised you heard me above your gasping but impressed that you can multi-task

Quote Originally Posted by xbow View Post
    Yes still Perspex but with a triangular hole in them. I think you can also get square ones as well? Have a look at Gehmann.
    Thanks - I will take a look

Bob hi, [abellringer] indeed there are perspex elements with triangular and square holes in them; also metal elements with square holes; but I guess like me a round hole on a round aiming mark is good for you. I have recently re acquainted myself with an old friend who has some very very interesting plastic elements, which he can make up to your request, contact andielaw@bt internet.com and prepare to be amazed. ATVB
    Ray

Quote Originally Posted by abellringer View Post
    Bob hi, [abellringer] indeed there are perspex elements with triangular and square holes in them; also metal elements with square holes; but I guess like me a round hole on a round aiming mark is good for you. I have recently re acquainted myself with an old friend who has some very very interesting plastic elements, which he can make up to your request, contact andielaw@bt internet.com and prepare to be amazed. ATVB
    Ray
    Thanks Ray!

I am prepared to be amazed

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Thanks Ray!

I am prepared to be amazed
    ..-..-..-..and I was

They are certainly very colourful - like Christmas has come early this year.

Have you used any of them yourself Ray - and if so what colours worked best for you?

Bob I am currently waiting for a reply from Andie, I sent in a list of options and sizes to try out, but Andie says he is having success with a Duo 2 in Dark and Light green on bell targets ''with a high percentage'' of clean shots; this guy doesn't miss many shots anyway and if he is getting good results with anything I will give it a try. I have known Andie for many years and he is one of the good guys, you can rely on any answers he gives you and if he doesn't know he will say so. I just wish these elements were more widely known about; I expect some comments on my league when I start to use them. It's just so bewildering to think up a combination that just might work for an individual or to just try a single colour with the extra ring in place, I feel a Christmas buying spree of front sight elements coming on.
    ATVB
    Ray

It's nice to have a good selection of different elements to choose from. Just because one shooter does well with one type of element doesn't mean it will suit you. One of the reasons non circular elements became popular with some shooters is that sadly many older shooters have Astigmatism which can make centering two "circles" quite difficult. I had to resort to using shooting specs to help my target shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by abellringer View Post
    Bob I am currently waiting for a reply from Andie, I sent in a list of options and sizes to try out, but Andie says he is having success with a Duo 2 in Dark and Light green on bell targets ''with a high percentage'' of clean shots; this guy doesn't miss many shots anyway and if he is getting good results with anything I will give it a try. I have known Andie for many years and he is one of the good guys, you can rely on any answers he gives you and if he doesn't know he will say so. I just wish these elements were more widely known about; I expect some comments on my league when I start to use them. It's just so bewildering to think up a combination that just might work for an individual or to just try a single colour with the extra ring in place, I feel a Christmas buying spree of front sight elements coming on.
    ATVB
    Ray
    Good luck with that Ray ! - keep us updated when you have had time to firstly choose from the various colour combinations you think could work for you and then secondly to let us know how it all worked out in practice when you had the chance to test them.