Thread: Perspex front sight elements.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Perspex front sight elements.

Almost 2 years ago in November 2013 I bought two sets of perspex front sight elements to fit my HW55T air rifles from somebody here on the BBS called Neil.

He made a great job of them and they were also very good value for money too.

Now I would like to order some more of these perspex elements from him to fit a different rifle but I only have one of his previous emails to me where he asked me to confirmed my delivery address. I used this information ( a couple of times) to try to contact him again but have had no answer.

It could be that he has changed his email address so if anyone can let me know if he is OK and let me know how to contact him again I would be very grateful and pleased to spend some more money with him
    Last edited by zooma; 18-11-2015 at 06:24 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Was it UK Neil who used to make these?

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Was it UK Neil who used to make these?
    Hi Bob, he can indeed make them.
    There's also Bond Gun Accessories, it might even be Neil who makes these for BGA as the sizers look like his work too? HTH

xbow is offline "Right a bit, left a bit............"
    Not sure how old you are but I read some older shooters like the Triangular front sight elements made in Germany. Might be worth a try?
    We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals.
    Rudeness is the weak mans imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer.

If I don’t reply to your comments it’s probably because you’re on my Ignore list.

Quote Originally Posted by xbow View Post
    Not sure how old you are but I read some older shooters like the Triangular front sight elements made in Germany. Might be worth a try?
    I will answer this before IJ jumps in.

Being in my late sixties some (IJ) would probably say I am ancient - but I still like using the Perspex front sight elements in my other rifles but would now like another set to fit my "new to me" Walther LGM-1.

Fortunately I now have a good contact and should be able to get some made.

These "new triangular front sight elements" from Germany you mention sound interesting although to be fair I am happy with regular metal sight elements or Perspex sight elements so another option would probably only confuse me ( remember the age thing )

However I will take a look at them too so I can see what they are all about. Are they also made of Perspex but with a triangular shape cut in them instead of the tapered circular hole?

'Perspex front sight'

I would have thought a white stick and, from the noises you were making the other night shooting 10m rifle, a truss.

HTH (as usual)
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk