Thread: PP700W pistol

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by darryl View Post
    owners are reporting good out-of the-box accuracy here too. Also the build quality is very good. My sample is no exception. I do find that at it's lightest setting, the trigger is good. Not great, but good. The pistol is a bit loud. Odd, how some airguns makers design shrouds/moderators as an afterthought with just enough efficiency to muffle the "crack". I suppose there are a lot of factors that go into the decision-making process. Obviously I wish it were more quiet, but I wish that for every gun I own. Don't want to rile the neighbors.

Anyway, the gun is a very good buy for it's features at it's price point. Well done!
    Darryl
    how much is it over there mate?

I paid less for 2 but a typical price is £165-£200..

I have been chatting to another owner that claims wrapping the inner tube with craft felt makes it quieter. and another has added a male thread to the end of the shroud to add a moderator.

what optics are you using ?

many thanks, David

our pre-order price

Hi Dave,
    the dealer here had an introductory pre-order sale (buy before the gun arrived here) of $320,00 shipped, or 220 GBP. Once the product wrrived the price was said to go up to $399.00 per copy (about 275.00GBP) In the special offer two could be bought for $619.00 USD or 426 GBP and change. Both prices included shipping costs. Not a bad deal. Current;y I have a WInchester 2-7x32 rifle scope on my sample, set at 4x. I'm trying to locate a Tasco Pro Class 4x30 with AO; said to focus down to 5 yards. That would be great for me since I tune my airguns in the basement, plus I get to plink in inclement weather. For me the best of both worlds, scope-wise would be a pistol scope that was ar least 2-7x32 with AO adjusting down to less than 10 yards. I keep looking, but the Tasco has a very good reputation, though it's out of production. I've found some on , and the prices show they retain public interest, and value. I've bid on one, and am waiting. My plan-B is to accept using a rifle scope and buy another Winchester. The scope is very clear at 7x and I consider it a sleeper among quality inexpensive scopes. I think I'd have to practice a lot to get an appropriately stable shooting position. I've tended to convert my air pistols to carbines. In fact I took the Winchester scope off such a carbine.
    Darryl
    PS anyone got a tutorial on how to adjust the regulator?