Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PP700W pistol

Thumbs up PP700W pistol

Flicking through a magazine earlier I saw an advert that caught my eye with the CP1 pistols, next to them was another pistol, the PP700W.

Where the heck has this been hiding?!

From the same stable as the superb CP1 but it's a PCP! This could well be the perfect little budget pistol Surely? RRP is £199. I've just fired an email to Alice at Selesia factory in the hope they can get me one! Seeing as the RRP on the CP1-M here is £179, surely the PP700W is going to be under £100 delivered from Poland.

I'm sure many of you are aware of the pistol, but I'd never seen it mentioned on any forum. Just searched YouTube and there's no vids. A Google search shows it available from a couple of UK retailers and one mention on a forum in August.

I've setup an indoor 'range' and I'm totally hooked on target shooting. I went through circa 400 pellets last night with my CP1-M and CP99 but the whole co2 malarkey annoys me slightly with the power deviations. I was pondering about PCP pistols just last night, now I've seen this I'm very keen to get one.

Looks interesting too with a full length barrel shroud and pressure gauge built in too!

http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps5wjpbmpc.jpg

http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/a...psntdj0vra.png

Good God man, you won't get anybody to talk about it on here!

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Good God man, you won't get anybody to talk about it on here!
    Why's that? Seems to be discussion on other Chinese pistols on here.

I'd have thought they'd be quite popular given the current interest in the CP1 pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by jameswrx View Post
    Why's that? Seems to be discussion on other Chinese pistols on here.

I'd have thought they'd be quite popular given the current interest in the CP1 pistols.
    No idea. I was just kidding.

But why doesn't it have any sights?

A red-dot is alright for plinking, but I guess it could be a real contender as a budget match pistol if it had iron sights.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    No idea. I was just kidding.

But why doesn't it have any sights?

A red-dot is alright for plinking, but I guess it could be a real contender as a budget match pistol if it had iron sights.
    Blimey, how strange I totally missed that point. Wonder why they've omitted sights when it looks like a match pistol!

Is there a retro fit type of Iron rear sight that will got on an 11mm rail? The front would be easy enough to sort.

That's urinated on my bonfire haha

Just checked my CP1 and that has the rear sight fitted to the 11mm rail.

There's next to no information online about these pistols but now I've seen the CP1 sight I'm actually wondering if they do come with sights and it's just not pictured.

Looks quite interesting does that! If you can get one could you post details please as I would also be interested in one?
    HW98 .177, Falcon Menace 4.5-18x56, WW tune HW97 blue laminate .177, Hawke eclipse 4-16x50 ir BSA Scorpion se tactical .177 ,BSA deerhunter 6.5-32×46 SMK XS78, .22 3-9x40 Mountmaster- Remington Express xp tactical .22, standard - Gamo CF20 .177 - mk1 meteor .177

Just checked my CP1 and that has the rear sight fitted to the 11mm rail.

There's next to no information online about these pistols but now I've seen the CP1 sight I'm actually wondering if they do come with sights and it's just not pictured.
    I'd doubt it. Your 2nd link shows a reflex sight fitted on what they say is a 12mm dovetail (bit of an odd size that, as seen on the HW45/75).

So yes, your CP1 rearsight might fit straight on, but the PP700's ported shroud would have to be removed to (hopefully) reveal a CP1 barrel underneath that could take the CP1 foresight.

If so, I'd definately be interested. Although it might require buying a CP1 and a PP700 to effect the change of sights - leaving the CP1 with a red dot as a Co2 plinker... at import prices, perhaps £200 for the pair? (and sell on the CP1)...

I contacted a UK supplier and it seems (despite being advertised) they haven't had any of the guns in their hand yet.

Seems odd considering I found info dating back to August about their release.

Wonder why they've omitted sights when it looks like a match pistol!
    Looking at the power, and shot count, that the non-UK versions claim I wonder if target shooting is (pun alert) what this is aimed at?

UK-spec version appear to be advertised at 5.5 ft.lbs and as suitable for 'All round target' and (their words, not mine) 'Vermin control'.

Iain

Ordered mine yesterday

I just posted this on another UK site, sorry to all who are members to both for the repeat posting.
    I ordered a PP700W yesterday with a red dot sight. The pistol was $319 and the red dot was $49.
    I have been reading up on it and I just wanted a PCP pistol that was not as much as my rifle. There is a great write up and some excellent pictures on the Dutch site
    http://www.luchtbuks.net/index.php?s...ic=100468&st=0
    Thanks to Jameswrx and Honest Bob for the link and the help
    I will do a trigger job on it as soon as I get it. I will do some shooting before I take it apart, and get an idea of the trigger pull.
    Cheers
    Tackleberry
    Last edited by Mr. Tackleberry; 25-01-2016 at 08:34 PM.

hi guys, a link to a review

Been a while since I visited here. I see the PP700w is on the scene here. So, a link to a review: http://www.airgunsarp.com/2016/01/28...ch-pcp-pistol/

Here in the States it seems to take a while for the boat to arrive then for product to clear customs. the U.S vendor had them on pre-order sale for $319.00 USD shipped. The gun looks like a copy of the Kalibrgun Ocelot, which runs $9995.00 USD. I figured I'd treat myself to one as a birthday gift. Package tracking says it will be here on Wednesday. The review of the features, and especial the tuning ability of the gun is what made me decide to take a chance on this brand. Here it's called the Airmax Precision PCP. Have to love the marketing angle of the name. Now i"m off to find a decent pistol scope.
    darryl

Yikes, over 12 ft.lb out the box for the US version! Interesting link though re. adjustment of the transfer port to tune it down.

nice adjustability there

Quote Originally Posted by Aimstraight View Post
    Yikes, over 12 ft.lb out the box for the US version! Interesting link though re. adjustment of the transfer port to tune it down.
    I can see myself adjusting not only the transfer port but also the regulator, not to mention the obligatory hammer spring tension adjustment. The Brocock Grand Prix I had gave me 22 sweet spot shots with the 18 grain JSP pellet (with no tweaking), and one-hole accuracy at 30 yards. That is my benchmark and I hope to increase the shot count to maybe 30 good shots at 12 fpe. I wonder if I can adjust the gun to be as efficient with 16 grain pellets? It ought to be fun to find oot.
    darryl

sorry if this thread is old but I bought 2 of these yesterday.

I am very impressed with them. superb build quality, good shot count and accurate out of the box..

the gun smith that i bought them from is already modding them with hw barrels and threading them to use with a hw mod which makes them almost silent

there is also talk of putting a stock on it and making it 12ftlb legal rifle.

all in all I'm impressed if anyone has modded these and wish to share ideas give me a pm

Dave