I spent a little while fettling the trigger as shown in other threads- quite straightforward and effective.

Next I chrono'd it. Oh dear!

It was either very ott or ok- but very inconsistent. I started off by reducing the preload on the hammer spring. This didn't help too much, reduced the power but the inconsistency was terrible, 5.4 to 6.9 ft.lbs from one pellet to the next and so on!

Anyway- long story short, I gave the pistol a long coat of looking at The rotating breech block has an allen headed grub screw in the top, turns out this is an adjuster for the transfer port (a throttle if you will) Out of the box this is set flush with the top of the breech, looks neat but is totally non functional. If you swing out the breech block and start screwing in the adjuster it will take at least 4 turns until you can see it in the transfer port. At this point it starts to work.

After checking and adjusting I can now set the power wherever I want (legal of course!) but what is better it is now amazingly consistent, 3-4 fps between shots. I'm no expert, but does the regulator need a bit of back pressure to work properly?

Hope this helps anyone having the same problems!