Thread: PP700W pistol

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I would always recommend people buy .22 pistols.

It may go against what you've read or been told to buy. I think the biggest influence being target shooting requirements.

I say .22 based on my experience of owning multiples of both caliber. I have had 4 X .177 pistols and 2 X .22 pistols. The only ones I've had and not sold are the .22 pistols. I even have an FAS 6004 in .177.

Why do I prefer .22? Well, due to the power constraints you're not going to be shooting over long distances so you don't have to worry about pellet drop like a rifle. But the main benefit of a .22 is pellet stability at short ranges.

I shoot indoors at 6m and every .177 gun I have does not give a perfectly crisp pellet hole every time through the card.

The .22 pellets just seem so much more stable and punch a perfect hole in the card every time. There must be something in the .22 being better at close range, really don't think I'm imaging it as I've shot a lot of pistols and many hundreds of rounds. The .22 pistols just seem more accurate and perfectly punch the card

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    Well I did it!

Got a 177 from my local (Crawley Surplus). I've bought quite a bit from them over the past 12months. I was given an instant discount without having to ask!

So far seems excellent, but I would prefer open sights to a red dot (which I'm using at present). Anyone happen to have a rear sight to fit an 11mm dovetail by any chance that they want to sell?
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

i will have a rear sight from a webley rebel air rifle when it arrives tomrrow, as i will be buying a dot sight

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    Quote Originally Posted by bcham View Post
    i will have a rear sight from a webley rebel air rifle when it arrives tomrrow, as i will be buying a dot sight
    Not familiar with this rifle- is the rear sight fitted to a dovetail? If so I'll buy it off you if it's surplus!
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Tony.T View Post
    Not familiar with this rifle- is the rear sight fitted to a dovetail? If so I'll buy it off you if it's surplus!
    yes its fitted to a 11mm dovetail . ill let you know when it arrives and post a pic