Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PP700W pistol

also if anyone has any ideas to make the standard shroud a but quieter let me know

the pistol is being well received here

owners are reporting good out-of the-box accuracy here too. Also the build quality is very good. My sample is no exception. I do find that at it's lightest setting, the trigger is good. Not great, but good. The pistol is a bit loud. Odd, how some airguns makers design shrouds/moderators as an afterthought with just enough efficiency to muffle the "crack". I suppose there are a lot of factors that go into the decision-making process. Obviously I wish it were more quiet, but I wish that for every gun I own. Don't want to rile the neighbors.

Anyway, the gun is a very good buy for it's features at it's price point. Well done!
    Darryl

Quote Originally Posted by darryl View Post
    owners are reporting good out-of the-box accuracy here too. Also the build quality is very good. My sample is no exception. I do find that at it's lightest setting, the trigger is good. Not great, but good. The pistol is a bit loud. Odd, how some airguns makers design shrouds/moderators as an afterthought with just enough efficiency to muffle the "crack". I suppose there are a lot of factors that go into the decision-making process. Obviously I wish it were more quiet, but I wish that for every gun I own. Don't want to rile the neighbors.

Anyway, the gun is a very good buy for it's features at it's price point. Well done!
    Darryl
    how much is it over there mate?

I paid less for 2 but a typical price is £165-£200..

I have been chatting to another owner that claims wrapping the inner tube with craft felt makes it quieter. and another has added a male thread to the end of the shroud to add a moderator.

what optics are you using ?

many thanks, David

our pre-order price

Hi Dave,
    the dealer here had an introductory pre-order sale (buy before the gun arrived here) of $320,00 shipped, or 220 GBP. Once the product wrrived the price was said to go up to $399.00 per copy (about 275.00GBP) In the special offer two could be bought for $619.00 USD or 426 GBP and change. Both prices included shipping costs. Not a bad deal. Current;y I have a WInchester 2-7x32 rifle scope on my sample, set at 4x. I'm trying to locate a Tasco Pro Class 4x30 with AO; said to focus down to 5 yards. That would be great for me since I tune my airguns in the basement, plus I get to plink in inclement weather. For me the best of both worlds, scope-wise would be a pistol scope that was ar least 2-7x32 with AO adjusting down to less than 10 yards. I keep looking, but the Tasco has a very good reputation, though it's out of production. I've found some on , and the prices show they retain public interest, and value. I've bid on one, and am waiting. My plan-B is to accept using a rifle scope and buy another Winchester. The scope is very clear at 7x and I consider it a sleeper among quality inexpensive scopes. I think I'd have to practice a lot to get an appropriately stable shooting position. I've tended to convert my air pistols to carbines. In fact I took the Winchester scope off such a carbine.
    Darryl
    PS anyone got a tutorial on how to adjust the regulator?

Quote Originally Posted by jameswrx View Post
    I've just fired an email to Alice at Selesia factory in the hope they can get me one!
    Did anything come of this?
    BSA Meteor Mk5 .177 | Webley Tracker .22 | Umarex Beretta 92FS .177 | Crosman 2260 .22 | Crosman 1077 .177 | Colt SAA | SMK CP1 .25 | Hatsan Model 125 Sniper .25 | Benjamin Trail NP .22 | Crosman 2250 XL .22 | BSA Super Meteor Mk 3 .22 | BSA Superstar Mk2 .22 |

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    I'm winding myself up to go out this afternoon and get one of these- what's best for use here in the UK, 177 or 22? I'm hankering after 177 as I've got a modded 2240 in 22. Any difference in accuracy/consistency between the two calibres?
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Tony.T View Post
    I'm winding myself up to go out this afternoon and get one of these- what's best for use here in the UK, 177 or 22? I'm hankering after 177 as I've got a modded 2240 in 22. Any difference in accuracy/consistency between the two calibres?
    Hi mate, I'v very impressed with the quality and accuracy of mine, they are both .22 and bought the last of his stock..

I did mention i may want a .177 model and they said no problem. i have not heard of any accuracy issues with the .177 so i say go for it. if you buy one at the right price you are more then likely going too get your money back...

give it 12 months and there will be a huge market for options on these like the crossman pistols

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by darryl View Post

Darryl
    FYI, making a properly functioning silencing shroud is quite an expensive undertaking. I doubt very much if we are gonna get it with budget guns. Most of the newer ones are also made of polymer to make it cheap and simplify the manufacturing process.

A.G

I would always recommend people buy .22 pistols.

It may go against what you've read or been told to buy. I think the biggest influence being target shooting requirements.

I say .22 based on my experience of owning multiples of both caliber. I have had 4 X .177 pistols and 2 X .22 pistols. The only ones I've had and not sold are the .22 pistols. I even have an FAS 6004 in .177.

Why do I prefer .22? Well, due to the power constraints you're not going to be shooting over long distances so you don't have to worry about pellet drop like a rifle. But the main benefit of a .22 is pellet stability at short ranges.

I shoot indoors at 6m and every .177 gun I have does not give a perfectly crisp pellet hole every time through the card.

The .22 pellets just seem so much more stable and punch a perfect hole in the card every time. There must be something in the .22 being better at close range, really don't think I'm imaging it as I've shot a lot of pistols and many hundreds of rounds. The .22 pistols just seem more accurate and perfectly punch the card

Well I did it!

Got a 177 from my local (Crawley Surplus). I've bought quite a bit from them over the past 12months. I was given an instant discount without having to ask!

So far seems excellent, but I would prefer open sights to a red dot (which I'm using at present). Anyone happen to have a rear sight to fit an 11mm dovetail by any chance that they want to sell?

i will have a rear sight from a webley rebel air rifle when it arrives tomrrow, as i will be buying a dot sight

Quote Originally Posted by bcham View Post
    i will have a rear sight from a webley rebel air rifle when it arrives tomrrow, as i will be buying a dot sight
    Not familiar with this rifle- is the rear sight fitted to a dovetail? If so I'll buy it off you if it's surplus!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony.T View Post
    Not familiar with this rifle- is the rear sight fitted to a dovetail? If so I'll buy it off you if it's surplus!
    yes its fitted to a 11mm dovetail . ill let you know when it arrives and post a pic

Quote Originally Posted by forbs View Post
    Hi mate, I'v very impressed with the quality and accuracy of mine, they are both .22 and bought the last of his stock..

I did mention i may want a .177 model and they said no problem. i have not heard of any accuracy issues with the .177 so i say go for it. if you buy one at the right price you are more then likely going too get your money back...

give it 12 months and there will be a huge market for options on these like the crossman pistols

Dave
    Get to bullpup mad forum Dave som creations going on at min with them not seen. At range for a while you still pop down

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by dave goodall View Post
    Get to bullpup mad forum Dave som creations going on at min with them not seen. At range for a while you still pop down
    Hi mate...

I'm going to start going back to the range... been claying and pest control a lot lately so not been in the club.

I will nip over to bullpup and have a butchers

Dave