Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: PP700W pistol

Butt loaves did you have to do much alteration to make it fit the crosman stock? I have made a thumb hole stock for my .22 it helps to give it good accuracy, it is far superior to the small brocock rifle That I got rid of.Infact I would say it's better than quite a few rifles that I have had, so simple and easy to work on. Thankfully I had an air cylinder otherwise these pistols would have passed me by, they have reignited my fun button.

Has anyone found out if it's possible to adapt iron sights to fit this pistol?
    If so, I would buy one in an instant.

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    You can certainly fit a rear sight, you need one that uses a dovetail to fit. I had one on my 2240- think it was off a weihrauch.

The front sight is a slight headscratcher, but, as there is a void at the front of the barrel shroud, you could drill and tap a hole in it and fit a threaded rod in it. Adjust the rod height to suit and loctite it in place.

http://www.gmaccustomparts.com/epage...ectID=14935663

I'm sure he could make one a bit longer so you can trim it to the optimum height
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    This has held back a lot of purchases, why they did not include optional/removable front/rear sights seems bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by Waisted View Post
    Butt loaves did you have to do much alteration to make it fit the crosman stock? I have made a thumb hole stock for my .22 it helps to give it good accuracy, it is far superior to the small brocock rifle That I got rid of.Infact I would say it's better than quite a few rifles that I have had, so simple and easy to work on. Thankfully I had an air cylinder otherwise these pistols would have passed me by, they have reignited my fun button.
    It was fairly easy, i wrapped the pistol grip with masking tape and filled it with black epoxy resin, then i drilled a 22mm hole down into it to take the spring housing of the pistol, after that it was just a case of slotting the 2 together and removing plastic where necessary with a dremel untill i got it where it felt right.
    Snot perfect but it'll do and it's very solid..

paul4be is offline Everything has an end, only the sausage has two
    Is anyone doing a proper little custom carbine stock for these yet?? Got to be a bit of a market for a proper solution?
    Good deals with: ali d (twice), mattinlondon, mikemorton, jonboy, the wizard, Moza, markH, fok, gunslinger, Fisherman1, bigwull, mikewareing, TwoTitans,hairydog, airguns, dcl dave, Stuart B, mattie, Locksley, MARK, albrown, kjud, spud, gedfinn2, wasteoid, bullcelt, bunnysniper, wasteoid, pokeandhope, honda+more

Quote Originally Posted by paul4be View Post
    Is anyone doing a proper little custom carbine stock for these yet?? Got to be a bit of a market for a proper solution?
    I'm doing one at the moment. It's taking a bit of thinking about bit is more then doable..

Iv had the longer barrel made and screw cut to take a silencer (pic further up) so will be rifle size once it's done

As amateur of interest I have fixed the iron sighs of a HW 99 on my .177 700 , the front sight I resin bonded and the rear sight I am currently making a block for the 99 site to sit on. On a good note there should be plenty of 99 iron sights available.

Quote Originally Posted by Waisted View Post
    As amateur of interest I have fixed the iron sighs of a HW 99 on my .177 700 , the front sight I resin bonded and the rear sight I am currently making a block for the 99 site to sit on. On a good note there should be plenty of 99 iron sights available.
    There you go guys- told you it could be done

This lack of iron sights must be costing a lot of sales.
    One to me for a start!

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    This lack of iron sights must be costing a lot of sales.
    One to me for a start!
    I took my home made iron sights off, I realised that my old eyes could not cope with them any more.

I bought a reasonably priced low profile red dot sight and for me it unlocked the accuracy potential in the pistol, now I can reset knockdown targets with ease at 20yds. Never been able to do that with opens. I'm happy

I was testing the pistol last night, from a 220bar fill I got 160 shots shooting jsb 8.4 at 395 ft/sec 2.9 ft/ lbs, I shot down to the yellow. Absolutely gob smacked with the shot count and more than enough power for paper punching at 10 meters, this pistol just gets better and better.

Question Thread / Tap size

I have a quick question, I was doing a trigger polishing job on my 700 and when I back the long screws that retains the hammer spring housing. One of them (51) stripped the threads on the leading edge of the receiver (20). Do any of you know the thread size of these screws. I will purchase a tap and see if I can retrace them.
    The numbers correspond to the exploded diagram that I found on line, but it doesn't state thread size. Thank you all in advance for your help

I handled one of these tonight for the first time and bought it straight away. It came with a comedy red\green dot that has alien faces and skulls and stuff on it (could have had a pistol scope but I chose the red dot for comedy value, it's going on a nother pistol).

Anyway, great pistol, excellent accuracy. How can they make them this good for the money??
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

I picked up one of these in .177 flavour yesterday , last one in the shop, and got a £20 Hawke red dot to go on it and just like everyone else I'm over the moon with it. Roughly zeroed in the garage and chrono'd at 4.2 with 7gr RWS hobbies out of the box.

Up the range today properly zeroed at 10 m and every shot in the black, single handed. Pretty pleased with that seeing as I only started pistol shooting just over a month ago...... And all the guys tried it, from seasoned target shooters to "have a go Henry's" and all were suitably impressed.

These have an awful lot of potential fo some clever souls in aftermarket add-ons like more ergonomic grip, open sights etc' etc'.

Gotta be the best spent £200 for a loooong time
    All help, advice and wrist slaps gratefully received.
    Most sales open to swaps for older BSA’s, projects and or incomplete/bits. Currently quietly developing a hankering for a nice S10 BBK………..