Thread: Haenel model 28 parts

Haenel model 28 parts

Hi,

I have been looking for a couple of parts for my Haenel model 28, with no success.

http://i.imgur.com/dUUHbtQ.jpg

I need the adjustment for the rear sight and the spring, which lives inside the grip. Would anyone know where I could source these.

Thanks in advance.

Sam

I can make you a spring. I have made replacement springs for my haenels. I'd be amazed if you find a sight screw. I'm having one made for my mod 26 based on the mod 28 screw. The threads are not the same size though.

Quote Originally Posted by scubapics View Post
    I can make you a spring. I have made replacement springs for my haenels. I'd be amazed if you find a sight screw. I'm having one made for my mod 26 based on the mod 28 screw. The threads are not the same size though.
    Scubapics, thanks thats a very kind offer. How much would this cost?

You're probably right about the screw, the hope is I can find something similar with the same thread.

I sent you an email. Did you get it?

The springs are easy to make. It takes about ten minutes now that I have a jig. But I will need to wait for my Haenels to come back from a club member who is making me a rear sight screw for my Haenel Mod 26 based on my Haenel Mod 28 rear sight screw.

If you like, I can ask him to make a Haenel Mod 28 rear sight screw as well. Cost I'm not sure of. Probably £20 or £30. Expensive, perhaps, but it is a one off.

The spring I won't charge for and postage isn't worth bothering with.

But it will be nice to know another Haenel has been rejuvenated.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by samwisemcganji View Post
    Hi,

I have been looking for a couple of parts for my Haenel model 28, with no success.

http://i.imgur.com/dUUHbtQ.jpg

I need the adjustment for the rear sight and the spring, which lives inside the grip. Would anyone know where I could source these.

Thanks in advance.

Sam
    Hi Sam,

Wondering whether you had any more images similar to the above (or even the above, complete)

Methinks my spring is broken too but not got round to taking a look...
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

If the lever at the back of the grip does not return fully after cocking or there is no spring tension holding it in place then you are missing the spring or the spring is broken or someone has fitted a weak spring.

Easy to check, just remove one of the grips.

Here is a photo of the spring:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/inuztwloe...mLjaNqmSa?dl=0

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Here is another photo, with scale. Dead easy to make with a bit of silver steel wire, a vice and a pair of pliers.
    Good luck!

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q...ps6afac3f9.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by scubapics View Post
    I sent you an email. Did you get it?

The springs are easy to make. It takes about ten minutes now that I have a jig. But I will need to wait for my Haenels to come back from a club member who is making me a rear sight screw for my Haenel Mod 26 based on my Haenel Mod 28 rear sight screw.

If you like, I can ask him to make a Haenel Mod 28 rear sight screw as well. Cost I'm not sure of. Probably £20 or £30. Expensive, perhaps, but it is a one off.

The spring I won't charge for and postage isn't worth bothering with.

But it will be nice to know another Haenel has been rejuvenated.

Jim
    Jim,

sorry I didn't get any emails from you.

I really appreciate your offer and as long as it doesn't take you too long I'd like to take you up on it. I'll happily pay the postage.

I will leave the rear sight for now as it doesn't really affect the working of the gun, just the accuracy

It would be nice to have the Heanel working as it should.

Thanks

Sam

Jim,

Sorry I thought I had replied to this thread a few days ago, it doesn't appear to have gone through though.

No I didn't get your email, but thanks for trying.

I would like to take you up on the offer of making me a spring as long as it doesn't take too long for you.

I would be happy to pay the postage.

Many thanks for your kind offer.

Sam

My error. I got confused with another chap who had PM'd me. I've sent you a PM.

Best regards,
    Jim