Thread: Bench rest air pistol?

Bench rest air pistol?

Some of the German retailers advertise match pistols with bench rest attachments to the base of the grip.

What's all that about then?

Is it a new type of European competition, or intended for partially disabled shooters?
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

Yeah. Well, it's not bench rested. It's 'supported pistol'. Done standing, but resting the bottom of the grip on what could be described as a parrot perch.

Popular with seniors in Germany (I think?), but not here... well not yet anyway.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.
    Arthur

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur John Smithsplease View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up for me.
    This subject is already covered in some depth in this section so if you take a look and find it you will see a lot of good information on supported pistol shooting and the effort some members have already put in to make the German rules in English and the subsequent failure to get anyone interested enough to enter this class in the 6 yard MPL competition that was offered to to everyone this season.

It is surprising just how much valuable information is already available on the BBS if you take the time to search out the subject matter.

I have found repeating the subject seldom gets the same interest the next time around, but finding the original thread and asking any new questions to that thread that have not already been covered always gets a good response.
    Last edited by zooma; 13-11-2015 at 08:34 AM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    This is subject is already covered in some depth in this section so if you take a look and find it you will see a lot of good information on supported pistol shooting and the effort some members have already put in to make the German rules in English and the subsequent failure to get anyone interested enough to enter this class in the 6 yard MPL competition that was offered to to everyone this season.

It is surprising just how much valuable information is already available on the BBS if you take the time to search out the subject matter.

I have found repeating the subject seldom gets the same interest the next time around, but finding the original thread and asking any new questions to that thread that have not already been covered always gets a good response.
    A good point well made Bob too much time is wasted trying to re-invent the wheel.

ATB
    Mike.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Sorry.

I used Google UK search and almost nothing came up - no references to any airgun forum for example. Just something about disabled shooters.

I have only just rekindled my interest in 10m shooting after a break of many years.

Had no idea the subject had ever come up. I will use the search function now.
    Arthur

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur John Smithsplease View Post
    Sorry.

I used Google UK search and almost nothing came up - no references to any airgun forum for example. Just something about disabled shooters.

I have only just rekindled my interest in 10m shooting after a break of many years.

Had no idea the subject had ever come up. I will use the search function now.
    If you want to know anything about 10m pistols/rifle and the shooting of - ask ZOOMA.

If you want to know anything about dealing with the disabled - ask MIKEC4 (he coaches me! )
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    If you want to know anything about 10m pistols/rifle and the shooting of - ask ZOOMA.

If you want to know anything about dealing with the disabled - ask MIKEC4 (he coaches me! )
    If you want to know ANYTHING at all about buying air rifles (cheap as chips) or the fastest route to any known UK gun shop don't hesitate to call IJ the Blackburn Dick Turpin * - he is available 24 hours a day

* or is should that be Dick Terrapin ?
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.