Thread: New member from daventry

New member from daventry

Hi all, I'm Jamie and recently joined. I'm now 28 and started shooting my dads airguns at 10 or 11 years old. My first gun was a .22 sharpe innova which I still have. I also have a falcon fn12, webley eclipse mk1, hw97k with an autum forest laminate and an original model I've forgotten.

My biggest mistake gun wise was selling my AA pro elite. Maybe some day I will get another.

I'm a mechanical engineer by trade mostly doing cnc milling. I enjoy making my guns unique and a little different. I've made 2 sets of mounts now, one brass and the other anodised red for my hw97k. Also made a brass cocking bolt, filling cap and bolt lever for my falcon. Have just made a nice rounded trigger guard (anodised black ally) for the original too as the old one was ugly and rusty. Am in the process of making billet ally pellet tins with screw on lids because I hate putting elastic bands them.

Also have a vintage tractor that I love.

That's me!

Turnup is offline Dialling code‎: ‎01344
    Welcome to the forum - it's a great place to learn stuff, even quite a lot of posts which have nothing to do with shooting.
    True freedom includes the freedom to make mistakes or do foolish things and bear the consequences.
    TANSTAAFL

Access to CNC...

...that must be great if you're into customising air guns. Tins are a pain sent they! I discovered 3 useful tips on this:

1 don't throw away or lose the tape they come with
    2 some tins come with screw lids, don't throw those away either
    3 it cost a few £££ for a nice plastic holder to slide your tin into

...I learned all these lessons slightly too late to avoid a glove box full of pellets!
    Last edited by SpitFirefox; 17-11-2015 at 12:32 AM. Reason: Typo