Thread: Relubing a tap loader advice please, on mk1 airsporter

Relubing a tap loader advice please, on mk1 airsporter

Hi guys,

Just servicing my newly acquired mk1 airsporter and have cleaned all old greases cylinder ect.

Just wanted some advice on what's the best oil or grease to put back onto the tap on reinstillation please.

Many thanks

Daniel

Tap lube

I found rocol mx33 moly paste exellent for them. Unfortunetly it's over £30 a tube. a good moly grease is what I used before I got the mx33 given.

I use a heavy grease, your basic Lithium general purpose stuff should be fine but nowadays I tend to use Moly grease too, mainly because I've got a big tin of it.
    To be honest though, I can't see any difference to years back when I was just using 3 in 1, if you fire it with the loading tap open it takes 2 or 3 seconds for the piston to come to rest regardless.

Laoding tap

I rub candle wax onto the barrel of the loading tap of my Airsporters to serve as a lubricant and sealing agent.

Thankyou guys for your information, I ended up using some new moly but to be honest it was such a tight fit that I noticed nearly all the grease came off so maybe some Bisley gun oik or 3 in 1 may be favourable.

Thanks again
    I'm really looking forward to shooting this once I fit the new spring in.

All the best