Thread: How many of you pcp pistol shooters make do with a 3 litre bottle?

How many of you pcp pistol shooters make do with a 3 litre bottle?

Even with the small cylinders, is 7 litres a more sensible option?

I know some of you probably have rifles too, but it's pistols only I'm asking about.

I'm referring to 300 bar by the way.

Back in the day when I had pcps I recall having to buy an adaptor from City Air Weapons to use with German guns.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

I use a 3 ltr 300 bar and get 3-4 months out of it shooting a minimum of 3 times a week, I normally refill as soon as it goes to 180 bar so could probably get more but at only £5 a fill like to keep it topped up.
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Me to

I have a 3ltr dumpy bottle

It's a nice size. However, depending on how much you shoot, and how easy it is to get refilled, I always kinda wish it was bigger. ;0)
    Last edited by nickm marshall; 20-11-2015 at 11:21 AM.

I have a 3L 300 bar, I find it ideal as it is easy too put in and out of the car to take to a comp.
    Evo 10 Compact.

I use a 3l 232 bar bottle to fill my pistol as it is easy to carry places, and I leave it set up just for the pistol. I top it up from a12l 300 bar bottle, which is set up with a whip for rifles, and this would be a pain with a pistol as I would not be able to use it with the gauge attached.

I have a 7 litre 300 bar bottle, it's fine during winter when I'm only shooting a single shot pistol but during summer when I'm using an LP50 a lot even a 7 litre cylinder doesn't seem big enough!
    Fierynick

+Keep Calm and Shoot Tens+