Thread: Wanted: Steyr LP1 Barrel weight

Wanted: Steyr LP1 Barrel weight

Hi, i am after an LP1 barrel weight, i know they are rare, but there is one on for 50 quid which seems really expensive. please correct me if i am wrong? Cheers, Nick
    Beretta AL391 Teknys Stonecoat 28", CZ 452 Style .22lr, Grand Power K22, Rem 700 .308 in GRS Stock, Marlin .357, Tikka T3 Varmint .223, Miroku MK38

I suppose it is a question of supply and demand!

LP1 weights are very rare - as you say - and anyone can ask whatever price they want if they have one to sell but what it actually sells for may be another matter so why not make an offer and see how you get on?

If the weight really does sell for £50 then somebody somewhere obviously thought it was worth it.

I have an LP1 pistol that also has these weights - if they really do sell for as much as £50 each (?) it would be tempting to sell one of them but to be honest I would rather keep the pistol complete with the weights as I also think it would be very hard to replace them again.

If I remember correctly there are two sizes of weight offered as options for the LP1. I have never used either of mine as I like the balance of the pistol the way it is without them .

Maybe I should dig them out and keep them in the safe from now onwards - I never realised they were that valuable
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

LP1 Barrel Weight

Contact Nick Marshall here:

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ip-Screw-Sizes

He will probably sell it on here for less than advertised on fleebay.
    Evo 10 Compact.

LP1 Barrel weights do indeed fetch £50, sometimes more, this is due to them being made out of very rare rocking horse xxxx, the smaller of the 2 is even harder to get hold of, Nick is the only person I know of who has one currently for sale, I had to get mine shipped over from the states as after extensive seaching for about 6 months could still not find one,

i ended up machining up a weight bar holder that fitted on the trigger guard enabling me to fit different weights and get a perfect balance, I then made weights in 5g, 10g & 15g, although this was supposed to be fitted with a small socket head screw I ended up fitting with 3m tape so did not have to modify the pistol at all, the bar and holder stayed there very happily for a year untill I sold the pistol, I still have the weight bar however if interested, pic emailed
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Thankyou for the heads for the ones Nick Marshall had for sale. I nice fault free deal was made and he even threw me in a little extra. To top it off posted the items before i had even paid (paid now) What a sound fella. Cheers everyone
    Beretta AL391 Teknys Stonecoat 28", CZ 452 Style .22lr, Grand Power K22, Rem 700 .308 in GRS Stock, Marlin .357, Tikka T3 Varmint .223, Miroku MK38