Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SSP Pistols

right after I posted.. I saw your other thread
    Donald

Quote Originally Posted by jameswrx View Post
    Thank you guys.

I did overlook the Baikal purely on initial reaction to the cosmetics of the pistol, I'm trying to convince myself it's immaterial when it's in hand but I don't know if it's for me. I may change my mind though.
    My friend called me from Exeter last week - he was stood outside the Baikel importer and we were undecided whether or not to buy one each.

I like the "industrial stapler" look and borrowed one some time back and enjoyed shooting it. It was also very easy to cock for an SSP match pistol and accurate too.

After a lot of discussion and debate we eventually decided to buy one each - but only if we could also buy some of the small seals that seem to go "missing" from time to time.

The importer did not have any (!) so we came away without buying one even though a couple are included with every new pistol.

We know these little seals are unique to this pistol and we are also aware of others who have sent away to the USA to get some - a rather costly process.

When these seals become available in the UK (at reasonable prices) we will treat ourselves to an "industrial stapler" and some of those small seals. We are not too bothered about the odd seal flying out now and again - as long as we can buy replacements in the UK when we need them at a reasonable price.
    Last edited by zooma; 16-11-2015 at 11:32 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post

After a lot of discussion and debate we eventually decided to buy one each - but only if we could also buy some of the small seals that seem to go "missing" from time to time.
    What colour are these little seals? Because, if they are blue we can all sing:

'You picked a fine time to leave me blue seal ..'

It also begs the question - What song do you sing while your cleaning your match pistol?
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

If they are navy seals, you'd be wondering how such stocky chaps got in there in the first place.

Ba boom and indeed, tish.

Hello to All,

Ode to Blue-Seal

When I bought my Baikal MP-46M, I asked the vendors if they could supply me spare seals (breach, piston & valve).

No they said

The most commonly listed place on the Interweb to get these seals was Pyramid Air in the USA. The seal set is ca. 25 USD IIRC.

Okeh I thought, I will cough up the dough.

They then wanted ca. 45 USD for postage I asked why they couldn't send them in an envelope like a letter - they said because the seals might get damaged in the post - sort of fair enough as there would not be any insurance, but rubber rings being damaged !!

Okeh I thought, I will cough up for the seals and the ludicrous postage, processed the order, and 'paid' with my Visa Card.

Got an email the next day from Pyramid saying that my order had been cancelled, as they don't accept Visa Payments from 'Foreign Banks'.

I was not pleased

So, when the valve seal finally goes in my MP-46M, I am thinking about doing something like this :

http://www.mac1airgunshop.com/izh-46.../miz46ss90.htm

At least the o-rings should be available in the UK for a reasonable sum

Have fun & a good weekend

Best regards

Russ
    PS If anybody knows where the elusive valve seals for the MP-46M can be obtained without misery and pounds of flesh, please let us know

Quote Originally Posted by PhatMan View Post
    Hello to All,

Ode to Blue-Seal

When I bought my Baikal MP-46M, I asked the vendors if they could supply me spare seals (breach, piston & valve).

No they said

The most commonly listed place on the Interweb to get these seals was Pyramid Air in the USA. The seal set is ca. 25 USD IIRC.

Okeh I thought, I will cough up the dough.

They then wanted ca. 45 USD for postage I asked why they couldn't send them in an envelope like a letter - they said because the seals might get damaged in the post - sort of fair enough as there would not be any insurance, but rubber rings being damaged !!

Okeh I thought, I will cough up for the seals and the ludicrous postage, processed the order, and 'paid' with my Visa Card.

Got an email the next day from Pyramid saying that my order had been cancelled, as they don't accept Visa Payments from 'Foreign Banks'.

I was not pleased

So, when the valve seal finally goes in my MP-46M, I am thinking about doing something like this :

http://www.mac1airgunshop.com/izh-46.../miz46ss90.htm

At least the o-rings should be available in the UK for a reasonable sum

Have fun & a good weekend

Best regards

Russ
    PS If anybody knows where the elusive valve seals for the MP-46M can be obtained without misery and pounds of flesh, please let us know

What a poor response from the UK importer/supplier and what a greedy "rip-off" response from the USA supplier too. With bank transfer charges added that would have been one very expensive set of seals with no other purchase option on offer to you.

At the moment we are pleased we did not buy the MP-46M pistols when in Exeter the other week - but we still like them and when (or if?) this ridiculous situation with the supply of spare seals at an affordable price is sorted out I am sure we will be buying some.

.but right now we have no interest in buying the MP-46M pistols as the small tapered seal does go for a walk now and again and because they appear to be a unique size/shape nobody has yet found an alternative supply.

These little seals should only cost pennies and they are essential to keep the MP-46M pistols working.
    Last edited by zooma; 20-11-2015 at 12:49 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.