Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shauny moderator

I have 2 of Shaunys moderators on my LGVs and they do make a difference from a quiet rifle to a very quiet rifle. Most people don't believe mine is actually a springer when they hear it. If you ask Shauny to make one for you to fit the LGV it will be the same size diameter as the bit on the end of the barrel, the muzzle.
    Last edited by StellaArtois Sr; 11-11-2018 at 03:44 PM.
    Shooting Air Rifles is like being a pubic hair on a toilet seat.
    Eventually someone comes a long and P's you off.
    They usually have a PCP

I think that the question mark was being raised over the possible direct posting of gun's mechanisms to individuals, rather than someone making a bob or two from their God given talents. Not by me, I might add!

I recently purchased a complete replacement trigger mechanism and the dealer posted it directly to me. The only caveat was that it was not to be sent by air. But when I made enquiries about a replacement barrel for my XS78 I was informed that it would have to be sent to my nearest RFD and I would have to pay for the privilege of their service.

Because I have been contemplating an upgrade, I'm thinking of 'possibly' opting for a Walther LGV and the original post and vid really caught my attention. You must admit, that stumpy really looks to be the dog's doodahs!

Chris

Well I was raising the point that stating on video on a public forum someone did something that might not be 100% legal isn't the smartest move.

But hay-ho, a smiley face & friends opinions must make it OK

Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Well I was raising the point that stating on video on a public forum someone did something that might not be 100% legal isn't the smartest move.

But hay-ho, a smiley face & friends opinions must make it OK

Carry on.
    The fact is it was not sold to Neil it was a gift, so there is no legal issue. Shauny does not advertise making and selling them, and when he has sold some he states that they are second hand. After I had posted my comment to Christoph, I contacted Shauny to let him know and he explained that he does not make and sell to order. So I would apologise to Christoph for the fact I gave him the wrong information.
    So Angrybear you can now get off your moral highchair as the information that I said was incorrect, so my fault, and the Moderator given to Neil was a gift so no legalities to worry about.
    I do wonder why people get so worried about other peoples business and start stirring things up especially when this has happened 3 years ago.
    Shooting Air Rifles is like being a pubic hair on a toilet seat.
    Eventually someone comes a long and P's you off.
    They usually have a PCP

Probably me that lit the blue touch paper as I trawled through the system looking for information on the LGV class of rifles and hadn't realised that moderators were in the same class as some other items that must be bought directly from a RFD.

Silly old world isn't it? I do believe that it is illegal to both make and own moderators (silencers) in both the US and Australia. But what about those rifles that have built in moderators and are sold in both countries?

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by StellaArtois Sr View Post
    Shauny does not advertise making and selling them, and when he has sold some he states that they are second hand.
    Cough :-

Quote Originally Posted by shauny View Post
    for sale 3 genuine carbon fibre silencers for air rifle or pistol,i have
    a small, and a large with aluminum front and rear caps, and a med sized
    one ,with brass front and rear caps. un-used.
    small ali 21.50. large ali,27.50
    med brass 26.50
    price inc post,
    the brass one is much heavier the the ali ones.Attachment 228047Attachment 228048Attachment 228049[ATTACH=CONFIG]

The End