Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: A New Air Pistol ?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    What price range are we looking at here ?
    SMK PP700w pistol £200 ish
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

Quote Originally Posted by Bjacobs571 View Post
    You might want to consider the new SMK PP700W PCP pistol, powerful and no cocking. I had a look at one on Saturday and I was quite impressed with the build quality. The trigger is a little creepy but I am sure it would get better with use. Simple to use pull back the hammer, rotate the breach block, load close breach block and shoot. I don't know how accurate they are as I haven't shot one yet. I might have bought it but I bought one of the new sig 226 pistols instead.
    I came home with one of these on Saturday, a tad under £200 for a well built, powerful and accurate PCP pistol. I have done a review of this Pistol and sent it off to Airgunner magazine so it should be in there in a few months time.

Neil
    Current airguns:- Steyr LG110: Steyr LP10: Air Arms HFT500: Weihrauch97 fully customised.

Pp700w

Hi Neil, what are your impressions on thePP700W.
    Thanks, Nik.
    ()() "Do it Dreckly"
    ('o') AirArms S400 Classic,Hawke Airmax 30 4-16x50, BSA Ultra SE Multi.
    (__)o. Crossman 2250 XL Ratcatcher, HW45 Silver Star, HW40, 2 Gamo Compact's.

IF It Ain't Got a SPRING?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    If I were to buy a new air pistol tomorrow in any caliber for general use not specifically targets, what would the best quality, engineered, accurate pistol I could buy ?
    I would not be interested with fiddling with it as it would have to be as near as dammit, just right "out of the box" as I fancy treating myself !
    You really couldn't go wrong with any of the 'springers' mentioned, but that leaves out the HW75, a superb gun, amazingly accurate, but not a powerful gun, refined, this
    is almost the exact opposite of the HW45 which is a brute of a gun, takes a little bit to tame, but is quite accurate too.
    The two Diana's are top of the list too, which, depends whether You want to scope or not?
    I would also suggest the Alectos in either calibre, but that isn't a 'springer' either.
    The Cometa 'Indian', I think, is the best bargain on the market! Well put together, powerful, and very accurate. Bargain price!
    Lastly, though firstly in many peoples minds, the IMZ MP 46M Deadly accurate, fine quality match type gun, but this is strictly for Target Shooting, and as good as guns 3x the price!
    Like I say You couldn't go wrong with any of them, but I strongly suggest You get Your hands on a variety of them to get it 'righter'!
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    Baikal MP654 MP53M IZH-46M LP53 CP88comp Alecto .177 LB, .22 Tempest .177, .22 Cr 2240 Weih HW45 HW45BS HW70 HW75 XSP180 Cometa Indian Hatsan25 Scorp MKII Benj Trail NP AVOKE Diana P5 Avanti747 * PLUS Over 70, Co2 BB/Pellet Pistols*

Quote Originally Posted by nikharr View Post
    Hi Neil, what are your impressions on thePP700W.
    Thanks, Nik.
    I am very impressed with it mate. Trigger was harsh to start with, but a bit of fettling soon made it very nice.

Neil
    Current airguns:- Steyr LG110: Steyr LP10: Air Arms HFT500: Weihrauch97 fully customised.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by ejackyou View Post
    You really couldn't go wrong with any of the 'springers' mentioned, but that leaves out the HW75, a superb gun, amazingly accurate, but not a powerful gun, refined, this
    is almost the exact opposite of the HW45 which is a brute of a gun, takes a little bit to tame, but is quite accurate too.
    The two Diana's are top of the list too, which, depends whether You want to scope or not?
    I would also suggest the Alectos in either calibre, but that isn't a 'springer' either.
    The Cometa 'Indian', I think, is the best bargain on the market! Well put together, powerful, and very accurate. Bargain price!
    Lastly, though firstly in many peoples minds, the IMZ MP 46M Deadly accurate, fine quality match type gun, but this is strictly for Target Shooting, and as good as guns 3x the price!
    Like I say You couldn't go wrong with any of them, but I strongly suggest You get Your hands on a variety of them to get it 'righter'!
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    Much apreciated advice, thankyou !
    “An airgun or two”………

crossman 2240,shame its in 22 only,not usually into co2 stuuf but at £100 theyve been around for years and blap cans at 25 yds

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Well, here's a "Blast from the Past" !
    After much deliberation, research and calculation, a really nice air pistol is coming my way.

After musing on many pistols currently on the market, and having a preference for the Weihrauch HW 45, it looks like a .177 cal. "Silver Star" may be coming my way !

Will update in a few days time !
    “An airgun or two”………