Thread: Heads up

Heads up

I've just seen a boxed, as new, late model Webley Mk3 on the Tim Dyson Airguns website for £450 and it occurs to me this is a pretty good prospect for a collector. These sorts of packages seem to come up only rarely and it's got to be worth a heads up to collectables, IMO.

I wouldn't ordinarily highlight something being sold by Tim, since he is one of our merry band and is careful to keep his BBS membership completely separate from his business. But while it would be wrong to show favour to Tim as a mate, it's surely also unfair to exclude all mention of guns sold by him. I would say so if I saw what looked good deal from another dealer, a conventional shop for instance, so why not this one?

Of course I have no personal financial interest in this sale myself.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

mk 3 webley valuation

My question with due respect

In very Good Condition

What is the valuation of a MK 3 Webley .22 Serial Number 33886
    Without A Box: eek:
    No Scope Rails ..Tiger Tail Stock Figuration in Walnut .. just a few slight dents

Blueing faded ..
    clear markings ..COMPLETE

Hope to email pics to interested people via my smart phone

This rifle needs a new appreciative owner ..
    no doubt it will perform well in the field due to its inactivity over the last approx. 35 years since I have had it

ATB
    abewilson.
    ''The earth is but one country and mankind its citizens''
    Baha'u'llah 1817-1892.

Quote Originally Posted by abewilson View Post
    My question with due respect

In very Good Condition

What is the valuation of a MK 3 Webley .22 Serial Number 33886
    Without A Box: eek:
    No Scope Rails ..Tiger Tail Stock Figuration in Walnut .. just a few slight dents

Blueing faded ..
    clear markings ..COMPLETE

Hope to email pics to interested people via my smart phone

This rifle needs a new appreciative owner ..
    no doubt it will perform well in the field due to its inactivity over the last approx. 35 years since I have had it

ATB
    As always, Abe, I'd be happy to host pics for you, and will start a new valuation thread on your behalf if you email me the pics.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Hi Danny

Many Thanks for your kind offerPics will be on the way as soon as I can get them to to you

ATB
    abewilson.
    Baha'u'llah 1817-1892.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    I've just seen a boxed, as new, late model Webley Mk3 on the Tim Dyson Airguns website for £450 and it occurs to me this is a pretty good prospect for a collector. These sorts of packages seem to come up only rarely and it's got to be worth a heads up to collectables, IMO.

I wouldn't ordinarily highlight something being sold by Tim, since he is one of our merry band and is careful to keep his BBS membership completely separate from his business. But while it would be wrong to show favour to Tim as a mate, it's surely also unfair to exclude all mention of guns sold by him. I would say so if I saw what looked good deal from another dealer, a conventional shop for instance, so why not this one?

Of course I have no personal financial interest in this sale myself.

A very fair and considerate heads up Danny. I have bought things from Tim and found him to be very fair and it is always worth keeping an eye on his website for olduns.

http://www.timdysonairguns.co.uk/

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Received a package from him this morning, only ordered yesterday. Proper gent.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Webley Mk 3 Valuation

Many Thanks Gentlemen for my requests for a valuation

My tendency is to over value my rifles due no doubt to having them so long

THE MK 111 was bought in January 1980 from Pax Airguns I just looked at the receipt

I will be selling a Webley Hawk Mk 11 for half the price of the Webley Mk 111 if any one is interested

I will post them both in a Sales thread so that I don't break any rules

Thanks Danny for posting the Pics

ATB
    abewilson.
    Baha'u'llah 1817-1892.