Thread: Walther LPM 1

Walther LPM 1

I've done a search but couldn't find too much.

I know the FWB 103 is the most highly thought of and desirable of the ssp air pistols.

How does the Walther stack up against it? Is there a problem with availability of spares? Are cocking effort and pellet velocity similar?

I notice you have a very nice one on your site Bob.

I must pay a visit to your club one of these days.
    Last edited by Arthur John Smithsplease; 18-11-2015 at 08:25 PM.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

We have two Walther LPM-1 in our club and three FWB 103 so we can compare.

Both are very similar in performance but the Walther is better engineered and we are not aware of any spare parts problems with them.

I have sold my LPM-1 pistols to club members who enjoy using them.

Myself, John Gould and IJ have the 103 pistols and IJ is looking forward to seeing you again when you visit RMTC
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    We have two Walther LPM-1 in our club and three FWB 103 so we can compare.

Both are very similar in performance but the Walther is better engineered and we are not aware of any spare parts problems with them.

I have sold my LPM-1 pistols to club members who enjoy using them.

Myself, John Gould and IJ have the 103 pistols and IJ is looking forward to seeing you again when you visit RMTC
    Thanks for the information Bob.

I'm taking a growing interest in 10m, and RMTC and the Rivi are the only places I can think of where I could get the experience and advice I need.

Now that I've acquired one or two classic guns I need somewhere to shoot them. It will be nice to see IJ again.

Having said that, I am pretty long in the tooth and may no longer be able to hold them steady.

I do like collecting the old guns though. It's a great hobby in itself.
    Arthur

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Walther

As a confirmed Walther-phile I resisted having a tilt at the thread on FWB 101-103's, the Walther LPM1 is a better design, better ballanced, a really nice pistol to shoot. Its probably the only SSP that really can compete with PCP's, the grip angle and ballance is superb although a tad on the weighty side for us wimps.
    Like the FWB its a knack to load with out getting a hernia, but a very nice pistol to shoot .

Spares are available but it is also a very reliable design, a friend who works at Walther in Ulm can still qualify for the German national championships with one!

Rare-ish here but generaly can be aquired on e-Gun.

Good shooting,
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Thanks Robin.
    Arthur