Thread: Grip sizes?

Grip sizes?

My hands are medium sized (confirmed by chart for Rink grips) but I have long fingers. The fingers of an artist in fact. And it's true that I was a heavy drinker in my youth.

Is it possible that I could get by with large grips, if pinch came to shove?

I know that it is unlikely, but wondered if anyone else had managed to perform reasonably well with slightly over-sized grips.

On some of the older guns the Germans say that one particular size of grip can be configured from large to medium. Is this just sales talk?
    Last edited by Arthur John Smithsplease; 19-11-2015 at 11:59 AM.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

To get a grip to fit properly you will need to modify it anyway. If you have a medium sized hand and long fingers then I would suggest buying a medium grip and packing out the front with filler (p38 or whatever).
    I have a spare grip for a Steyr (medium/large ) if you're looking for one....
    I'm sure Rink grips are great but you'll still need to modify it to get a proper fit.
    Fierynick

+Keep Calm and Shoot Tens+

Grip Sizes

Long fingers are a pain when trying to get a grip to fit properly.
    Personally I would suggest buying a Large and packing the palm shelf with cork if it will not go up high enough.
    Rink do an extra thick grip for long fingers.
    Evo 10 Compact.

I have the same probem and purchased a Rink with "Thick" volume and it was perfect, solve the problem instantly, one of the only grips I hav'nt needed to modify for fit. Going for a size bigger than you need will just make the grip a loose fit which you don't want.
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Grip sizes reply

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur John Smithsplease View Post
    My hands are medium sized (confirmed by chart for Rink grips) but I have long fingers. The fingers of an artist in fact. And it's true that I was a heavy drinker in my youth.

Is it possible that I could get by with large grips, if pinch came to shove?

I know that it is unlikely, but wondered if anyone else had managed to perform reasonably well with slightly over-sized grips.

On some of the older guns the Germans say that one particular size of grip can be configured from large to medium. Is this just sales talk?
    Easiest and cheapest way if you have medium hands with long fingers is too have your fingers surgically shortened 😀