Thread: Wobbly Junior back sight

Wobbly Junior back sight

Just reconditioned 3 juniors for shooters, not collectors. This one seized and parts missing. Thought I would have to cut out a back sight blade and blue it until I saw a captive nut (you know the type they use on car panels to take the screws). Cut the back of it off and filed a sight notch in, it had the hole to take the sight screw already. It is spring steel and blued already and as soon as I put it on shot to point of aim! Another problem was the piston head screw was totally seized and would not move with heat or anything. Put a slight taper on the screw head and turned a little polyurethane seal that I could squeeze over the screw so it is now tightly captive. This little pistol really shoots with a bit of poke now as they are not really known for any power. Just a couple of tips I thought might be useful. Trigger is a bit light but I like it.

Baz

BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Hi Baz,

Looks like a couple on inventive and effective adaptions to return the Junior to shooting condition which after all was it's originally intended use.

Thanks for sharing the tips.

Regards

Brian