Thread: Is the FWB 102 really much of an improvement on the FWB 100?

Is the FWB 102 really much of an improvement on the FWB 100?

I know the 103 is the best, but is the 100 really such a bugger to cock?
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

Are you going to buy an FWB 100?

If you are going to add an FWB 100 to your pistol collection it would be best to try one first to make sure you are comfortable cocking it.

Are you going to buy an FWB 100 ?
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...tml?sort=4&o=9

Do they come in any other colour?
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    is yours the same colour as Chris Butler's?
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Do they make a compact version - or are they all the same length ?

Fwb 100

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    The FWB 100 is a doddle to cock

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    is yours the same colour as Chris Butler's?
    Who is Chris Butler?
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Who is Chris Butler?
    Why do you want to know?
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

I'm slowly selling off most of my sporter airguns, scopes etc. and making a small collection of classic 10m guns which I can enjoy shooting at home and in a club, and which, unlike modern guns should hold their value.

So I'm researching more than anything.

So far I have acquired a very nice Feinerkbau 80 with target grip, another with sporter grips, an FWB 300s, a Walther LGV, and a lovely Diana 75 which was rebuilt by Dave Mercer.

As and when money becomes available I will be looking for an ssp pistol - either an FWB 100 or 102, or a Walther lpm 1. One day I might even buy an old pcp pistol - say something like an FWB34.

About 8 years ago I put down a very nice collection of 10m airguns which I expected to enjoy in my retirement. Unfortunately when I left the country for 6 years I couldn't take them with me and sold them off mint at bargain basement prices. I actually had two FWB black Alu 700 pcp rifles, an FWB 603, and a silver Steyr LP10, all bought new and effectively never used. If I had known I'd be coming back to the UK, I would never have sold them. Now I can never hope to buy them new again.

So I'm trying to get together a poor man's collection to replace the guns I lost. And, the great consolation is that I have developed a real liking for these classic guns. They have character that the modern guns don't, and I love owning them. They may be a bit frayed around the edges, but then so am I.

Now, all I have to do is learn how to shoot them.
    Last edited by Arthur John Smithsplease; 21-11-2015 at 02:28 PM.
    Arthur

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur John Smithsplease View Post
    I'm slowly selling off most of my sporter airguns, scopes etc. and making a small collection of classic 10m guns which I can enjoy shooting at home and in a club, and which, unlike modern guns should hold their value.

So I'm researching more than anything.

So far I have acquired a very nice Feinerkbau 80 with target grip, another with sporter grips, an FWB 300s, a Walther LGV, and a lovely Diana 75 which was rebuilt by Dave Mercer.

As and when money becomes available I will be looking for an ssp pistol - either an FWB 100 or 102, or a Walther lpm 1. One day I might even buy an old pcp pistol - say something like an FWB34.

About 8 years ago I put down a very nice collection of 10m airguns which I expected to enjoy in my retirement. Unfortunately when I left the country for 6 years I couldn't take them with me and sold them off mint at bargain basement prices. I actually had two FWB black Alu 700 pcp rifles, an FWB 603, and a silver Steyr LP10, all bought new and effectively never used. If I had known I'd be coming back to the UK, I would never have sold them. Now I can never hope to buy them new again.

So I'm trying to get together a poor man's collection to replace the guns I lost. And, the great consolation is that I have developed a real liking for these classic guns. They have character that the modern guns don't, and I love owning them. They may be a bit frayed around the edges, but then so am I.

Now, all I have to do is learn how to shoot them.
    Sounds like you are the ideal candidate to enter the MPL postal League - perfect for Classic air pistols and rifles and for shooting at home over the traditional English distance of 6 yards - an easy distance for anyone to to find to practice on at home and to shoot in the MPL.

Fwb 99

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Think the compact version was the Fwb 99 rarely seen as they are camouflaged 😀

I think you're right Bob.

IJ never did get a chance to shoot my FWB 603. I promised I'd take it to Rivie but never found the time. I was very busy before leaving the UK, trying to sell all sorts of things.

I think I had test fired three pellets through it into my back garden before it went.
    Arthur

I think you're right Bob.
    Arthur