Thread: Tin of BSA Pylarm No.1 - junk shop find

Tin of BSA Pylarm No.1 - junk shop find

FINALLY....I've actually managed to find something of value in a junk shop (i think they call them 'Antique Shops' nowadays - but still full of junk).

An apparently full tin purchased today for a whole £1 !
    http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/m...psyslvvqac.jpg

Eureka!!!!

QUESTION: At the risk of displaying my ignorance - roughly what age are these?

Personally - going to enjoy plinking in the garden with them in my first batch 1905 LJ. .....bliss....
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/67044...ch%29+No.+1946

Would have already if it wasn't so bleeding cold. They seem a lot smaller than the RWS Hobby i normally lob down the garden with my treasured ancient BSA.

presumably lighter too?

Nice find.

This style of tin was first advertised during the 1960s and I was still buying them during the 1980s. The pellets are the exceptional Eley Wasps of old and will go in old BSA/Lincolns very well.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Nice find.

This style of tin was first advertised during the 1960s and I was still buying them during the 1980s. The pellets are the exceptional Eley Wasps of old and will go in old BSA/Lincolns very well.

John
    fantastic.... and only a quid!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Nice find.

John
    I've just realised - based on my last 10 or so threads, that whenever i 'raise' a question on this forum - invariably it is your good self (selves?) that answer.

Just wanted to say thanks...
    ...maybe i should just email you direct instead... {kidding

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    Exceptional bargain for £1. If these were in an Eley Wasp tin they'd be about £8-9. The BSA tin would attract a slight premium.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Quote Originally Posted by chieffool View Post
    I've just realised - based on my last 10 or so threads, that whenever i 'raise' a question on this forum - invariably it is your good self (selves?) that answer.

Just wanted to say thanks...
    ...maybe i should just email you direct instead... {kidding
    Or maybe I'm sounding like a know all Hope not!

John