Thread: Mick (T-20) your inbox is full so I'm posting this here

Mick (T-20) your inbox is full so I'm posting this here

I posted this in the Webley Senior parts thread:

"Mick, would it be possible for collectables to have its own dedicated collectables swap/for sale/wanted sub-section please? I think it would be a really useful addition."
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    I posted this in the Webley Senior parts thread:

"Mick, would it be possible for collectables to have its own dedicated collectables swap/for sale/wanted sub-section please? I think it would be a really useful addition."

My bad, Danny.

I'd have to ask Andy/bullbarrel who does all the technical stuff and put it to the other admin, but to be honest I thought part of the collectable's charm was the fact that we are already allowed to post sales and wanted adverts in this section ?

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    My bad, Danny.

I'd have to ask Andy/bullbarrel who does all the technical stuff and put it to the other admin, but to be honest I thought part of the collectable's charm was the fact that we are already allowed to post sales and wanted adverts in this section ?

All the best Mick
    True, Mick, but I think it would be good to bring sales of collectables 'in-house' in one place as it were.

Specifically regarding wanted ads for parts, I bet many of us have accumulated spares over the years (ie. and then sold on the guns they were destined for...) and it would be good to give genuine collectors an alternative to the tyranny of the auction website if they need something.

Is there any demand out there for a dedicated section?
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

I'm with Mick,

We can already sell on this sub section and I'm not sure another is required. It would probably be missed by most, like the Wanted section (I'm guilty of not looking in there regularly!).

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    I'm with Danny on this, for the simple reason that it would would help concentrate things for us collectors - provided the new section was confined exclusively to true vintage collectables , i.e. guns and accessories that are no longer in production and are more than (say) thirty years old.

I find that I rarely visit the current sales and wanted sections because 90% of the posts are concerned with modern guns and accessories, and trawling through the posts to find those of vintage interest is somewhat tedious.

Quote Originally Posted by ccdjg View Post
    I'm with Danny on this, for the simple reason that it would would help concentrate things for us collectors - provided the new section was confined exclusively to true vintage collectables , i.e. guns and accessories that are no longer in production and are more than (say) thirty years old.

I find that I rarely visit the current sales and wanted sections because 90% of the posts are concerned with modern guns and accessories, and trawling through the posts to find those of vintage interest is somewhat tedious.
    I'm on this boat too.

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    P.S. The way things are going, maybe there should be a separate (very separate) forum for valuations!

True, Mick, but I think it would be good to bring sales of collectables 'in-house' in one place as it were.

Specifically regarding wanted ads for parts, I bet many of us have accumulated spares over the years (ie. and then sold on the guns they were destined for...) and it would be good to give genuine collectors an alternative to the tyranny of the auction website if they need something.

Is there any demand out there for a dedicated section?
    I appreciate what you're saying, Danny, and I see it from both sides of the coin.

But, at present we are allowed sales and wanted adverts on the main page in Collectables where they are guaranteed to be seen.

image.jpg

If we tuck Collectable Sales and Wants away in a separate section they may not be viewed as much as they are now.

We also benefit at present from being able to advertise Collectables in the sales section with a link from this section, so giving double exposure to a wider audience.
    If we had a dedicated Sales and Wanted section the links would have to stop as is now practiced in General Airgun.

I've bought and sold and placed wanted adverts in Collectables since I joined and have enjoyed the benefits of everything being on one page in here, but I'll wait and see where the thread takes us.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by ccdjg View Post
    P.S. The way things are going, maybe there should be a separate (very separate) forum for valuations!
    It could a valuation/swaps/wanted/for sale joint forum!

On John M's and Mick's point about it getting lost, ideally it would be a true sub-forum of this one - immediately under collectables in the main forum menu if this is technically feasible.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery

It could a valuation/swaps/wanted/for sale joint forum!

On John M's and Mick's point about it getting lost, ideally it would be a true sub-forum of this one - immediately under collectables in the main forum menu if this is technically feasible.
    Don't you think that would decimate the traffic in Collectables, Danny ?

All the best Mick

Don't you think that would decimate the traffic in Collectables, Danny ?

All the best Mick
    It would certainly keep the huge number of valuations threads from cluttering up this forum Mick! Would this be a bad thing?

I can't help feeling it would actually increase overall collectables traffic if you knew sales of collectable airguns would be in one place, rather than scattered randomly throughout general sales.

If you didn't have to scroll through every sales page, it would save people only interested in older airguns much time and not having to post double sales ads might encourage sellers to keep choice items 'within the family', so to speak.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    If we tuck Collectable Sales and Wants away in a separate section they may not be viewed as much as they are now.
    I agree with this sentiment...

I would much prefer to see the constant stream of valuation threads in a section by themselves.
    9/10 times I think the people have a pretty good idea what something is worth and are just making they're not missing out.