Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fas 604

If they tumbled, they would keyhole the target and be hopelessly inaccurate. A slightly ragged cicular hole is fine but off putting psychologically.

You can dry fire the 604, the mk2 at least.

Comparisons with the HW75 are folly. The 604 sits low like a target pistol should. The 75 is like a high sided vehicle.

Most I got out of my 604 is 390 with 7 grn, so I prefer shooting my Airmatch 600 which looks like a slightly longer version of 604. This pistol feels very similar in the hand but puts out up to 450 fps.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector 71 View Post
    If they tumbled, they would keyhole the target and be hopelessly inaccurate. A slightly ragged cicular hole is fine but off putting psychologically.

You can dry fire the 604, the mk2 at least.

Comparisons with the HW75 are folly. The 604 sits low like a target pistol should. The 75 is like a high sided vehicle.
    Yes, I tried a Mk1 which could also be dry fired (cock the trigger/internal hammer only). Maybe the old thread was referring to the point that the 75 can be dried fired just by pulling back the hammer. This is a useful feature....but I found cocking the hammer for every shot a drag. The trigger on the 75 was the best I have ever tried, but I did not like the clunk of that huge hammer slamming the valve.

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Most I got out of my 604 is 390 with 7 grn, so I prefer shooting my Airmatch 600 which looks like a slightly longer version of 604. This pistol feels very similar in the hand but puts out up to 450 fps.

Baz
    That looks interesting, sidelever SSP. Should imagine that 450 fps from with a relatively short cocking arm equates to greater cocking effort than say the IZH 46M (SSP/long underlever) and the FWB 65 (spring/long sidelever)?

A coulpe of pictures of my MK2

The flash makes it look like I've polished the frame to bright. I haven't, its' black believe it or not.

http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL217.../411927198.jpg

http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL217.../411927197.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector 71 View Post
    http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/n...FAS6004019.jpg

Spot the difference!

Iain

Quote Originally Posted by Aimstraight View Post
    That looks interesting, sidelever SSP. Should imagine that 450 fps from with a relatively short cocking arm equates to greater cocking effort than say the IZH 46M (SSP/long underlever) and the FWB 65 (spring/long sidelever)?
    You are right, my 600 has an extended cocking arm (below) as the compression effort is very high, much more than my IZH.

Baz

BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD